New bandsaw for £11

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

I had to cut some oak gate posts (220mmx220mmx1.3m) into 1" planks and after reducing them to fit the bandsaw (155mm max) I found the thing kept jamming and the blade kept wandering (as always :( )

On Alf's recommendation I got a new blade from Dure Edge.

WOW. New bandsaw for £11.00. I timed the 7th board and it was cut in 1 minute and 25 secods. This is 155mm x 1.3m Oak guys.
These blades are awesome. Fast and very straight cut.

If you onw a bandsaw then try Dure edge blades.

My Bandsaw is Charnwood 720 which is the same as the Record and Elektra. Blade is 2440 x 15mm

Cheers

Tony

PS Thanks Alf :wink:

Well shucks :oops: I only got 'em 'cos every one else recommended them! Glad you're getting good results. :D

Cheers, Alf

P.S. I hope you're reading this thread, Simon... :p

Tony":gmyw6bmh said:
On Alf's recommendation I got a new blade from Dure Edge.

As they say Dure Edge are the supplier (telephone 08702 252337)

I recently bought a couple of 3/8 inch 3 tooth per inch blades from them and I am quite pleased with the quality. They only had skip tooth in this size but they cut quite well - very straight and predictably at least, although I find the set on the blades a bit excessive. The weld on the blades is very good and there is no deviation from a straight line at the weld.

I'm reading it Alf, don't you worry......I'll get some sometime or other!!
Maybe I need a bandsaw project to get me in the mood!!......

SimonA

Thanks for the contact info, Chris.
No website eh?! Well, I suppose I can search around for the phone, dust it off, replace the batteries, perhaps oil the buttons a little... :wink:

A

I also recommend Dure Edge.
I phoned them up not sure what I needed (thoroughly confused after having read one of the recommended books) so I described what I was trying to cut and how I wanted to cut it, dimensions, the bandsaw I had and they suggested 2 blades. I bought both and they said if I had problems I should get in touch again and they'd try to rectify it. Both blades worked well.
Even though I was only buying a couple of blades they were happy to spend a good 5-10 minutes on the phone.

Duncan

I've just learned more than I ever knew about bandsaw blades in a few minutes on the 'phone to Dure Edge. Really couldn't have been more helpful - a pleasure to deal with. Ordered some so now looking forward to trying them next week - first job is to make a start on about 60 turning blanks from spalted beech. Wood bought for a song (almost) at Ledbury auction.

(Just to digress a bit more off-topic, the wood looked a bit rough and there was not much interest in it but I took a chance and hoped it would 'turn' out to be what I thought it was. Have cut one board into 7 blanks up to 16" diameter and turned 3 so far, one from each end and one from the middle, no soft patches and exceptional spalting all the way through - for £6 per cube.) :lol: :lol:

Trev.

Back