New baby Scheppach tablesaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this is old news, but I've just noticed the new Scheppach TS2010 tablesaw in the latest DM Tools catalogue (p. 29 if you are interested). There is an entry on the DM website for it, but without any details or pictures.

Worth a look as an alternative to the Elektra-Beckum PK200, I'm sure. I guess it also sounds the death knell for the little Kity TS, unless Scheppach have just taken the Kity and painted it yellow and blue :roll:

Prices are:

Basic Saw - £419
Saw, stand & sliding table - £639
Saw, stand, sliding table, folding width extension - £699

It will be available from September according to the catalogue.

NeilCFD

GaryH":1ojpn9we said:
Is this a problem reg.the Kity. Was it no good?

No problem at all, no - as far as I understand it, the Kity was the best TS in this price range/type. I know Tony and KityUser are very pleased with theirs.

To be honest though, the picture of the TS2010 doesn't look much like the Kity anyway - I'm sure Scheppach had been planning it well before Kity's demise.

NeilCFD

I was going to get a Kity419 but decided on the Leccy Beccy after the Kity demise. A smaller Sheppach might be worth waiting for so long as it comes with sliding carriage & extension side table like the PK200

Hi NeilCFD

Neil":jqc27byf said:
Apologies if this is old news, but I've just noticed the new Scheppach TS2010 tablesaw in the latest DM Tools catalogue (p. 29 if you are interested).

This is their Far East/Chinese(?) tablesaw to give them an entry level saw. To keep the price down, it will not be cast iron.

Cheers
Newbie_Neil

It looks like the Electra Beckam for me then.
I'll have to search for a cheaper supplier as Rutlands increased the price by £60 since spring 2003. :(

it would be nice if they do come back but the Kity company was unable to get out of receivership since being taken to the Strasburg court last September. Sheppach appear to have bought the Kity name & factory to get a foothold in France. Stayer Spa (Italy & UK) have failed to ensure a supply of Kity products. It would be nice if Sheppach continued making the Kity products but they would be in direct competition with their own so it seems unlikely.

All the other saws in there have now gone cast iron - and a cast iron morticer, and cast iron lathes and cast iron P/T. Phew, I wonder if they hired a few extra (strong) people in the logistics department :shock:

So Neil, does that inch the Scheppach back in front of the Jet for you now? :lol:

I think there will be good demand for the smaller saw - I'd like to see a picture of it setup with all the bits and bobs.

Adam

Just been for a look - NMA still have the crappy website which is of (almost) no use whatsoever - and an out-of-date NMA borchure showing all the old machines - and Scheppach.de have a March 2003 (UK) brochure.

Useless. Can't work out why NMA don't get this sorted.
:x
Adam

Adam,

Agree with you on the Sheppach web site. I'm not a Sheppach fan but last time I looked at the NMA site, nothing but a load of scanned in brochures. Got to do better.
On the saw front I would've thought that a web site (a decent one that is) would be an ideal place to highlight forthcoming release of new products - instantly up to date, not to hard (apparently) to update etc, etc.

Rgds

Noel

Noely":34ihgy1p said:
Adam,
On the saw front I would've thought that a web site (a decent one that is) would be an ideal place to highlight forthcoming release of new products - instantly up to date, not to hard (apparently) to update etc, etc.
Rgds
Noel
Someone should tell all the companies that still show Kity machines on their websites & also have them in this years catalogues. :x

No idea Gary.....
NMA Agencies, the importer and distributors for Sheppach and other machinery. Maybe the owner/original people that started the company.

Rgds

Noel

If anyone doesn't have the new DM-tools catalogue and would like to see the picture of the new saw (basic saw only, I'm afraid) then send me a pm.

NeilCFD

Neil

I saw this too. Owning a TS2000 which I paid over £1000 less than a year ago I was intrigued!

I spoke to NMA yesterday (asking about their new TS2500) and got some interesting information from the helpful chap I spoke to:

As suggested this new saw will be made in China to cut costs (the TS2000 is made in Germany). The chap I spoke to said he had heard some bad reports already about the saw - from Scheppach's export manager! They have tried to reduce the weight from around 35 kilos to 29 kilos - and some of the components are said to have suffered. The saw will be made in the same factory as the Basato 3 and the new Basato 1. The new 2500 and 4010 with cast iron tables will still be made in Germany to the same standards. Also expect a new 10" bandsaw next Jan Feb from their Germany factory.

I'm pretty much quoting what I heard yesterday - not sure if all details will turn out to be correct.

It will be interesting to hear how the new saw gets reviewed.

As for the Kity saws - aparently they will continue to be sold as Kity (as Electra Beckum are sold as EB not Metabo who own them). Scheppach will be cutting the non profit making machines from their range. He wasn't sure which machines these would be. He reckoned the Kity machines were being sold too cheap - why they went bust. Who knows.

Hopefully some useful information in there for some of us. Thanks NMA.

Cheers

Gidon

Back