New Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
hi Guys
i have just bought a scrollsaw from Axminster, its the Axminster Trade AT460SS Scroll Saw, can anyone tell me if the hegner quick realse clamp will fit into the top of it, if not does anyone have any ideas about fitting something.

TIA

Can’t help with you question Steve but good to hear you’re back making sawdust mate, hope you & Annie are well

Since Axi have changed their catalogue numbering system I'm not sure what your machine is - is it the Hegner clone? If yes, then I GUESS the Hegner QR clamps will work. But as said in another post today (about pinless blade adaptors) I've always found Axi very helpful, so why not give them a quick call and ask?

Beyond that, "Dunno" sorry.

I have the same saw under its previous number AWFS 18

Its an excellent saw IMHO and you should have no problems with it

Yes the Hegner quick clamp will fit and is almost essential in my view

NB with the quick clamp you fit it with the thumb screw clamped down on it and leave it that way, unlike the usual V rocker blade clamps where you slack it off half a turn

Does your new saw have the brass bushes fitted on the tension quick release ?

Hi guys
thanks for the help. Hi doug, yes we are fine mate, hope you and cath are ok.

Hi whatnot
i am not sure about the new bushes, if its new i hope so, are they standard or something new for the machine, i may phone axi in the morning although its on its way here now. Thanks for the info on QR, i had it on the hegner i had(kicks himself for selling it) and its a great benefit for internal cuts, have you fitting any sort of lever to the knob, if doing lots of internals as i used to , turning the knurled knob can make your thumb sore..

You should be able to see if they are metal bushes very easily, the originals were nylon and wore out quickly

I changed mine for bearings off some spare router blades and they have worked perfectly, that was before they brought the metal bushes out, I expect yours should already have them

No I tend to wear builders gloves and they give plenty of grip on the quick clamp so never had the need to add a lever, although I know some have done so

The Bearings are metal and there is a spare set in a bag too. So far i am very happy with it although only made a bit of sawdust, i must admit it was a swine to put together, still not fitted the dust pipe yet but im getting there.

Sounds like its up to date

Telling that they put a spare set in though ;-)

Good machine though, I am sure you will enjoy it

Back