New Axminster Catalogue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humanfish

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get the new edition through, seem's they are following the Rutlands route with a simple clean white catalogue front. It says on the front that the prices are valid until 31st August 2006, i presume this might mean another catalogue? Some interesting bits and bobs,most of it not new though if you keep up todate on their site. A good read none the less on those boring days.
b_h

Yes, mine arrived today.

Don't know how soon I'll have a chance to read through it though, as it's far too heavy to carry to read on the train to London !

Got mine today too, Hours of reading for me now. Problem is the more I read the more I want and the wife tries to hide it. :wink:

Yup got mine today. Had a look and a dream but can't afford anything.

What I did notice is there is no Woodrat in there. So I checked their site and the Woodrat is very limited so I don't think they are selling it anymore.

Yep, I did receive my one today too

Will provide some nice bedtime reading, and nice stuff to dream about :wink:

McLuma

They must have been busy since New Year's Day! I received mine today too. Wish I had some money, I could happily spend a small fortune.

John

Arrived yesterday - delivery of first order tomorrow :oops: Only because I was looking at the Rutlands catalogue/ sale prices and realised that while there are some great bargains to be had there , a lot of the APTC standard prices were better than the Rutlands sale prices.

Nothing that exciting mind - some cutters, bits and hold downs etc

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

It must depend on what you're looking for, as I found exactly the opposite.

Incra 300mm T Rule

APTC Standard price 35.58

Rutlands Standard price 29.95

Rutlands sale 23.96

Cheers
Neil

Absolutely Neil.

I was ordering a bunch of stuff in the Rutlands sale when the APTC catalogue arrived so I just did a bit more comparing and picked the best prices from each.

Cheers

Tim

why is it that axminster stocks some Veritas items like plug cutters,scraper holders and now the mkII honing guide but they do not stock the veritas planes range. It's strange because they stock just the low angle spokeshave, i wonder why they haven't gone the whole hog.

I just ordered a milling machine at the Model Engineering show that was on over Xmas, Axminster have the same thing painted white for nearly £200 less :( :( :( Just trying to convince myself that Axminsters is built to a lower spec.

Jason

mine catalogue arrived today, i think that like most people i find it a good
reference guide.

the problem is always when you have the money the sales are not on, when you want the goods, you don't have the money whether the sale is on or not!!!!!

final gloat alert :tool:

i ordered a set of LN plane screwdrivers at the axminster show. they were to be sent to me. finally arrived today. bloody expensive for 7 drivers,
since i recently bought some old stock at around 15 p each, (some still to be sold if you're interested in hand types with plastic handles!)

but then modern mass produced screwdrivers have tapered blades, whilst the LN ones are made to the old gun makers tradition with properly scalloped blades and flat faces, and luvverly rosewood handles.

at least now when i am trying to fettle all my planes i can be sure of not
knackering all the screws too quickly.

only thing is the driver for the centre screw is still going to cause problems.
oh the things we do to be more efficient :lol: :lol: :lol:

all the best
paul

:D just open mine prices seem to have come down some what good news :D :-k now if only :p

martyn

ps Rutlans sale has been extened till the 16th :?

Has anyone else NOT received theirs yet? Have I been excommunicated because it is a while since I placed an order [1]. Odd, because I have been waiting for the new catalogue before putting an order in. Maybe I'll give them a call.

Andrew

[1] Am I the only one whose ordering frequency has gone down since the increased the limit for free postage. If there were just a few items that I wanted I would always find a few 'toys' to add to the order to bring it above the threshold. Now that it has been increased that is rather too much extra to spend so I usually find it more convenient to visit the local tool shops or builder merchants depending on what I want.

I haven't got one yet and I spent a small fortune with them last year.

I haven't got mine yet either but I assume that's just because I'm not in the UK. I'm just grateful that they're willing to send me a free catalogue, the postage must be pretty steep.

Simon

Back