Never lose a pencil again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed.

When I refitted my kitchen a few years back I was assembling units in the garage then fitting them so had an indoor and outdoor pencil. On day 2 I 'lost' one and by the end of the day reckoned I had spent a disporoprtionate amount of time looking for pencils generally. So next day I bought 2 boxes of 12, put them everywhere I was working and I still do. I suspect I still have 20 of the 24. No special equipment (or ears, I wear specs) required.

Drifitng a little off topic, one of the early quick warm ups we used on training courses was to get a group to shout out uses for a pencil and put them on a flipchart. You could easily get over 50 of increasing creativity. There are the obvious ones but then you get into listening for vibrations, rollers to move things on, weapon, unblocking holes, lubrication (graphite), holding doors open, kindling for fire, kebab stick, on and on and on. The objective wasn't to find uses for a pencil but to get people comfortable in the group. But, hey you can use pencils for all sorts......
Improvising resistors on PCBs...

.... I bought 2 boxes of 12, put them everywhere I was working and I still do. I suspect I still have 20 of the 24. No special equipment (or ears, I wear specs) required.
I do the same, plus the primary school trick of buying different brands for different grades, so they are colour coded too.

media_20240317_095650_3463693306461594914.jpg

I hope this 1790 Gold Clutch pencil stays safe.

Latest posts

Back