Netto Scroll Saw ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Netto are advertising

this

Just wondered how silly it would be to buy this? Might give me something to do during the winter months (presuming the dust from scrolling is minimum.

Your comments apprecieated as usual

How far wrong can you go for less than £25? Got to be worth a shot if it's only going to have occasional use.

I wouldn't part with £25 of my cash for it. It's a single speed machine, running at 1440 strokes per minute which is fast enough to smash anything vaguely delicate or flimsy. It's also not capable of taking flat blades, only pin-headed blades. You wouldn't know if it vibrated excessively until you tried it, nor would you know how friendly the blade changing action was. If it's like any of the Chiwanasian models that are around (and it looks like it) then I wouldn't expect these latter characteristics to be favourable.

For a little extra, you could have a SIP or possibly one of those Jets at APTC that David (Ham) spotted. With a cheap model like the Netto offering, there's every possibility that a user could be put off scrolling for life.

Gill

I'll bow to your knowledge on this one, Gill.

It looks very much like the cheap Ferm one I have from Screwfix.

I am on look out for the SIP as it is still quite cheap but appears to be a much better saw.

WiZeR":ciaabp9e said:
Thanks Gill, I will comply! :wink:

icon_borgsmile.gif
Resistance is futile!

:D

Gill

Latest posts

Back