Netflix

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonbee56....
many thanks for that ....will give it to the wife to sort out as she's the main watcher in our house.....
It's good tho.....she sorts out the dross n says u'll like this......easy....hahaha....

Just saw a trailer for the Adam Project, looks good but they probably used all the good bits in the trailer

I reckon many of the series can stand as a single series, but when you see its on season 5 with 10 episodes per season, you have to ask yourself, where exactly is this going ?.

I reckon many of the series can stand as a single series, but when you see its on season 5 with 10 episodes per season, you have to ask yourself, where exactly is this going ?.

drumroll...

it's on its way to season 6.

Had neflix for a while now, so i have a few suggestions.
Well the haunting of hill house is the best thing i have seen on neflix, so well made. One episode contains a 20 minute single take, not so much horror as disfunctional family. The follow on haunting of bly house isnt so good, but the same team made midnight mass which is great.
The witcher is a high budget well made fantasy series.
the letter for the king was great.
Shadow and bone was good, steam punk type.
Stranger things and Loche and Key are both great, if aimed at slightly lower age groups. The 80’s soundtrack to stranger things is often mentioned.
The first series of altered carbon was good in the end.
The order is a magical, good few series.
love death and robots are hit and miss but only very short episodes.
Really liked the apostle.
Was on bbc i think but is now on neflix is better than us, very good.
Not sifi fantasy as such but messiah was good. And of course, if you havent seen them all, charlie bookers black mirror are a collection of twisted stories.
I could go on but there are a lot of hours suggested already. A lot less on prime but still there is some good stuff. Not much is free on apple tv, i didnt pay for that and watched very little in my free 1 year trial.
Enjoy

So whats best ?, whats everyone into.
I've just got it and have been watching The last Kingdom(which is pretty interesting though highly fictionalized, but it does give you a sense of how the country of Great Britain came together all those eons ago.
I'm more the SIFI/Fantasy fan, not really into cop dramas, which can be a bit samey, also like the historical drama(being the sad old romantic)
So what else does the UKworkshop crowd like. Post it up :D Any and all recommendations will likely be checked out.
So much depends on what your interests are. My wife and I don't watch anything that is beyond belief. We like realism. Crime drama, British detective series, anything that has courtroom drama in it. We loved and are still loving Ozark. Great series. We also love Call the Midwife. It's in it's 10th season and I hate to think of it ever ending. We also have Acorna and Britbox. The British and Aussie TV is so much better than the U.S. Here in the U.S. they have no idea how to cast. And the writing is rubbish. Too many censors and unions. Who believes it when a medical examiner shows up in tight pants and a low cut blouse with her boobs falling out? Give me realisim.

Currently I'm watching 3 series. Lost Kingdom, Lost in space and Taboo(Tom Hardy.)

There is a hell of a lot of choice, and i'v still not got though 10% of it :LOL:
Thanks though to all the suggestions thus far.

So much depends on what your interests are. My wife and I don't watch anything that is beyond belief. We like realism. Crime drama, British detective series, anything that has courtroom drama in it. We loved and are still loving Ozark. Great series. We also love Call the Midwife. It's in it's 10th season and I hate to think of it ever ending. We also have Acorna and Britbox. The British and Aussie TV is so much better than the U.S. Here in the U.S. they have no idea how to cast. And the writing is rubbish. Too many censors and unions. Who believes it when a medical examiner shows up in tight pants and a low cut blouse with her boobs falling out? Give me realisim.
I like a bit of escapism my self too much reality on news etc . But i agree with your comment on US series all fashion and big hair unbelievable , Always wondered was there anybody Quincy didnt know in America

Netflix faves: the Punisher, Star Trek TNG, currently watching Peaky Blinders, btw excellent mini documentary on YouTube 'the real peaky blinders' or something similar.

Better call Saul, plus the prequel of that Breaking Bad, so many to choose from really.
Currently Ozark is great.

Shame some of the other great box sets are not on Netflix like The Wire and Soprano’s.

Back