NEPINE - Anyone in UK bought from this USA company?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything was exactly as per their website. I got the impression that, although the saw had originated in the US, it had been forwarded from a UK depot. There was nothing to pay, no customs paperwork etc - it just arrived as promised. I was very pleased with their service.

That sounds ok. Do you remember where the UK depot was? Or the shipper that got the package to you?

Cheers

Noel

OK - I have dug out the papers that came with it. It was shipped by NEPCO INC, 12 Forge Park Drive, Franklin, Massachusets, using DHL, through Birmingham airport to DHL's depot there, who then shipped it on to me at home. The Waybill label has a customs section at the bottom, and a signed US export certificate, giving the custom value in $US.

It all looks very official and proper but there is no UK customs marking or paperwork at all. Hope that helps!

Hi

inkermanhero":1308lk1g said:
....... using DHL, through Birmingham airport to DHL's depot there, who then shipped it on to me at home. The Waybill label has a customs section at the bottom, and a signed US export certificate, giving the custom value in $US.

I am amazed as everything I have ever had from the States, through DHL, has been taxed.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":2xfw8n5j said:
I am amazed as everything I have ever had from the States, through DHL, has been taxed.

DHL act as customs agents I think, so levy the tax themselves. Maybe Nepine have an agreement that the tax will be charged to them and not the consignee?

Well, I have no experience of this sort of thing - I'm a retired soldier who dabbles in amateur woodwork and a bit of even more amateur forestry and gamekeeping. I needed a good chainsaw, the price was attractive and I went for it. I can say, though, that the whole transaction was entirely transparent and business-like. I was very happy with the result.

If you look at the web link, it was only two negative complaints I think. If the company is still in business, there must be many more satisfied customers. If you remember buyer beware, and always use a credit card to protect yourself.

It is very easy for any trader to suffer at the hands of a determined complainer. Negative news always travel further than positive.

Pete L":2407uwfz said:
Tony,
B&Q certainly did sell a fixed-base router, the CLM1250RD, but I have not seen it stocked in any B&Q Warehouse or Depot in my neck of the woods (Salisbury & Southampton). When I queried this with the B&Q HelpLine in December 2004 they replied: - e

that's annoying Pete. Our local one certainly had them early this year and I assumed they still stocked them

best router for a table is the Triton. See my review on here

Latest posts

Back