Need some help please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilogrt

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a blank of ash I'm making a rifle stock from. It has been thicknessed and planed a few months ago but need another quick run over before next weekend so I can get the cheek piece cut out and made.
Having great trouble finding somewhere that can do it. Does anybody know where I might be able to get it done?
I live in Warwickshire and work as a tree surgeon all over Birmingham.
Maybe if someone was able to help out on their own machine I could pay you in wood. Got some lovely Elm I cut a year ago. Big slabs of the root ball. A slab from a crotch. Also have some fire wood sized bits of English Walnut.

Regards
Giles.

I've got 15mm to remove from the diameter of a blank bigger than a normal rifle stock.
Crotch wood as well.

See post below;
newbi-needing-advice-t57318.html

There is no way I'd get it done in a month let alone a week. Not to mention how flat it wouldn't be! :roll:

Gilogrt":3310vji9 said:
I have a blank of ash I'm making a rifle stock from. It has been thicknessed and planed a few months ago but need another quick run over before next weekend so I can get the cheek piece cut out and made.
Having great trouble finding somewhere that can do it. Does anybody know where I might be able to get it done?
I live in Warwickshire and work as a tree surgeon all over Birmingham.
Maybe if someone was able to help out on their own machine I could pay you in wood. Got some lovely Elm I cut a year ago. Big slabs of the root ball. A slab from a crotch. Also have some fire wood sized bits of English Walnut.

Regards
Giles.

I'm not that local to you but not to far and your more then welcome to use my P/T, even more so if your parting with some Elm.

Thank you very much for the offer....Alan?
Might well take you up on the offer if something closer isn't possible.
Giles.

I'm in Rugby so not as close as some of the other offerees (?), but I'd be happy to help out if necessary

PM me if the other kind offers don't work out.

Cheers,

Many, many thanks for all the kind offers of help.

Spoken with Scholar, he is only a couple of miles down the road and is going to help out.

Great to see a forum with such a great community of members.

Regards
Giles.

Just a quick message to thank Scholar for inviting me to his beautiful property this evening and getting my blank of Ash prepaired.
Very kind and many thanks.

ATB
Gilo

Back