Need plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerrierman

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here but I have been looking everywhere for plans for a welsh dresser, I could make one from memory ,but would prefer something to refer to.
I have tried all of the free woodworking sites that I can find I'm not bothered if I have to pay for plans as I need a nice looking dresser P.S. the Americans call them a hutch

Try searching with 'Welsh Dresser plans' and search pictures, not web/everything, I came up with this one http://www.plansclub.com/oc/shop.php?a=product&id=76
Unless you come up with an old, tried and tested design, be wary, sizes given may not work out and you may have no comeback, unless you've paid for it, even then...bosshogg :)
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
Albert Einstein (hammer)

Much better if you could view an old one and take your dimensions from that.
Youll get a far better sense of proportion by seeing one in the round

Oh, I forgot to add, if you have SU, there's also some models you can download from the 3D warehouse...bosshogg :)
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else. Judy Garland (hammer)

Since the construction is quite standardised, it's perfectly feasible to "hybridise" by buying the CLEAREST plans you can find for constructional techniques, but then taking your dimensions/proportions and detailing from the most BEAUTIFUL example you can find.

BugBear

Back