Need help making suitable handles!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) Loads of room, Dave. Everyone's been well behaved lately.

As I see it Philly, the problem you've got with designing handles is that you can't really use an oblong because the handles would have to be vertical on the main doors and horizontal on the bottom drawers otherwise they would distort the proportions of the cabinet. This is because the grain on the main doors runs vertically yet the grain on the drawers runs horizontally. Yet having handles at 90 degrees to each other would also look out of place.

Installing pressure operated catches on the main doors wouldn't solve the problem you have with the bottom drawer, either. You'd still need some form of handle for them.

I reckon your best solution would be to shape handles that imitate the shape of the top rail and apply all four horizontally. I know it might not look right on the main doors, but if you make the handles a little 'boxy', you should be able to get away with it. They'd have to be laid horizontally to my mind, otherwise you'll have problems opening the drawers.

Gill

Cor! Loads of ideas!!
Thanks everyone-you'll be pleased to know that I chicken out totally, yesterday, prefering to do something else instead.
I'm getting closer to a decision, though. At least in my mind.
Thanks for all your input
regards
Philly :D

Back