Need a new Saw Blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
The blade in my CS is ruined and needs replacing. The Saw is a B&D

On the side of the blade it says 170mm dia. and 16mm Bore.

Searching around, I can't seem to find a replacement that fits this spec.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

WiZer,

That does look like a B&D 'own' size, you could fit a 160 mm blade like this from Axminster. You will lose 5 mm off the depth of cut. :(

damn i had feared as much.

thanks Dave. Might have to think about a new CS

if you do decide to go with a new saw, i recently bought the hitachi c7bu. its a great saw, has an electronic brake which is definately handy to have. am very impressed with the quality of cut as well. axminster have it on special at the moment for £120. you get a free 40T blade aswell. (comes with a 24T blade)

jim

jim4321":uqd6vflb said:
if you do decide to go with a new saw, i recently bought the hitachi c7bu. its a great saw, has an electronic brake which is definately handy to have. am very impressed with the quality of cut as well. axminster have it on special at the moment for £120. you get a free 40T blade aswell. (comes with a 24T blade)

jim

thanks Jim, spotted that, might have to invest.

Waka":uqd6vflb said:
WiZeR":uqd6vflb said:
damn i had feared as much.

thanks Dave. Might have to think about a new CS

Festool do a nice one

oooo the peer preasure round here is strong! Must Resist :twisted:

d"DaveL said:
WiZer,

I have just found these and this on Toolstation.com, only 5mm smaller, 2.5mm lose of cut. :D

thanks Dave, need to think about this one. Idealy I should buy a new saw, but will funds stretch that far? hmmm

Back