Need a new cordless drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Today my Ryobi One+ cordless combi drill bit the dust. The batteries and charger are still pretty good. I now need a replacement drill. One that preferabley has a hammer drill option as well. I'm trying to keep the costs down and I am thinking about going for another Ryobi. As you can buy the drill bare and my original batteries are still as good as.

The Ryobi drills are now a bright green, and they do look different to my old one. I've had a look and theres two that I just can't seem to decide on which to get. So I was hoping for some feedback on which would be the best to get. Or advice on an alternative in a similar price range.
Thanks,

Simon.

RYOBI ONE: http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/p...-3-speed-combi-drill-driver/path/21-ryobi-one

RYOBI TWO: http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/p...en-18v-compact-hammer-drill/path/21-ryobi-one

Bq are doing a deal on two ryobis 14.4 volts, one is hammer action one is driver for £45.00.

Thanks for the heads up! I don't think these two for £45 will be strong enough for daily use, although it does feel tempting to get them, I'm put off slightly as they are the older style, which was the same as the one thats just bust. I think I'm going to get the three speed one tomorrow. It seems like it has a bigger motor and might take more of a bashing. If this Ryobi doesn't last me a year I will not be buying Ryobi again. It has only just been since February this year that my original has been used daily in the workshop and onsite, before that it had occasional use for 1/2 years.

I have a bare blue 3 speed drill that has not had much use yours for £50 delivered if your interested.
Tris

If it was me I would go for the 3 speed one I have this one used to death since first launch then when It died I replaced it with a skil/bosch one which only lasted a couple of months then went back to the 3 speed again.

B and Q are doing a lithium ion Dewalt 18v for £90. Bought one last week , well balanced, powerful and smaller than ryobi

Purchased the 3 speed one today for £69.98 exc. vat, haven't used it yet as I brought it on the journey home from the workshop. But hopefully I'll be happy with it on Monday when I come to plug my older batteries into it.

Just an update after using the cordless today....

Its feeling very powerful with my old ryobi +one batteries, I did think they weren't charging up as goo anymore, but I was wrong, the cordless performs great! Only drilling and screwing into tulipwood so far, but I'm happy with it.
I personally like a heavy cordless, so I can get some weight behind a screw, but others may dislike how heavy this cordless actually is.

An eight month old drill should not bite the dust. I would contact Ryobi and try to get them to replace it. (Just don't tell them you have hammered it on a site every day) :)

The fact you have bought another shows you are brand loyal. They may want to keep you as a customer.

Mick

MickCheese":3su4eglj said:
An eight month old drill should not bite the dust. I would contact Ryobi and try to get them to replace it. (Just don't tell them you have hammered it on a site every day) :)

The fact you have bought another shows you are brand loyal. They may want to keep you as a customer.

Mick

I have no proof of purchase for it anymore, and I have owned the tool for more than the 2yr warranty.... just not gave it solid use until the last 8 months or so.

Back