need a makita collet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Makita RP1801XK. I want an 8 mm collet for it.
I cant find one of these, does anyone have any ideas or links please?

I had a similar problem, needing an 8mm collet for a Makita RP0900. Sourcing one was a tricky minefield of confusing part numbers and firms charging extortionate prices. Eventually, I got one through these people, who gave good service and correct prices.
Even then, it was complicated. Probably best to research part nos. on Makita's website and then deal with Miles over the phone, as the part listings are not very clear on this subject.

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/

Excellent. I can call my axminster man, and if that fails I will be just down the road to miles tools in february.

The one listed by axminster will fit the makita. So now i can use all my odds and sodds cutters in the router table.

Wealden have started selling a range of replacement collets too.

I didn't check for Makita - they had the lot for T10 T11 DW 625 etc. and they didn't have 8mm for small Boschs (but I already have one) - it's not a comprehensive range, but worth looking as postage should be minimal, even to Cyprus.

That said, Miles are a good company, and I've found them very helpful. You can check online. I foundcTeend collets were cheaper as parts than accessories a few years ago, but I think that trick has been spotted by the retailers now. There is a LOT of markup on collets!

The axminster one is under a fiver, cant beat that.
Plus i get to call into the basingstoke shop on my way to the west country on my visit to the Uk in 2 weeks, so thats an added bonus that I can annoy Simon the manager (lol).

Back