Nearly off topic

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Long time no post and apologies if this should be posted in another section.

This does involve wood...........honest so please bear with me. Our living room has an open fire with marble and mahogany surround. As we (swimbo and I) don't really like the dark finish is it possible to paint with some sort of heat resistant white paint? I was thinking radiator paint might be suitable, but any help would be appreciated.

Aidan.

aidan is the mahogany stained with a dark stain if it is can you not strip it back and restain it with a light coloured one or even a clear coat .

frank

Thanks all,

As per usual i didn't explain properly. The marble is too stay marble (even i have that much taste Aragorn lol)

At the moment the mahogany is stained quite dark.............the usual mahogany colour, and then some sort of varnish over the top.

Lighter might be ok but i don't think i would be able to get it as light as we we would like. Its also quite large and dominates the room somewhat, therefore we felt painting it white might make it appear smaller as the walls are also going some light colour...................so i'm told :shock:

What can i get away with?

Latest posts

Back