Nearly got caught by a Phishing scam

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
It was pure serendipity on the timing of the email asking me to update my Apple iTunes payment details as I rarely buy anything from iTunes...maybe twice a year, if that, and so credit card details could easily time-out. As it happened, I bought a track late last night and downloaded OK. Then this morning, I got an email asking me to check my card details.

You know how it goes, thinking about other things, entered my login details and just about to hit send when I noticed in the text 'If you are not Brian then.....'

Brian? :shock: Then I realised and cancelled and, of course, I looked at the email and saw where it was actually from. Bit embarrassed as I usually am careful...guess we all can get complacent....as in not using push sticks.

I got one of those as well!!

Fortunately gmail put it in the spam folder along with the ones claiming to be from Halifax and Lloyds!!!

I have a separate account on Gmail used only ordering online - so if any Messages come from Banks etc on that account I know straightaway they are Phising.

I get some everyday and just delete them.

Rod

Back