Naughty Drivers Beware in Hants

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
The police on the M3 & M27 corridor have been videoing drivers from a hired lorry (to give them a better view into the cars).
Nabbed 85 drives in 5 days - apart from using mobile phones etc, one was caught using a laptop to answer quiz questions whilst writing the answers on some paper!!
Another was eating by cutting off chunks from a pear using a knife.

Well done Police?

Rod

Having had three near misses avoiding twits nattering on their mobile phones (two white van men and one young lady) I'm all for the police cracking down on these people.

Yeah well done police for sure, I attended an accident a few years back, a young girl about 19-20 on her phone on the A5 drifted into the oncoming lane and hit a guy about 40-50 combined speed of about 120mph, he was well messed up and didn't enjoy the carry to the air ambulance. We found the found the phone mid text message in her footwell. Can't be worth it can it?

What I'd love is if the police had a cow catcher attached to a lorry and just went about shunting the middle lane hoggers over.

Personally I would like to see all motor vehicles have a video cam. fitted front and rear (compulsory)and running all the time when on the highway. Those dangerous drivers would soon start to be off the road. Even handing out points for minor offences if there is such a thing.

If a police vehicle can be fitted with cameras so can a private saloon car.

I have somehow survived 53 years driving and only last week a driver on the inside lane came into another lane which I was using for overtaking a lorry and had to brake to avoid a 60mph crash.

Chems":2pib2evf said:
If a police vehicle can be fitted with cameras so can a private saloon car

Its very popular in America. There are a number of cameras on the market for the UK now too. There are some videos on youtube of footage from such cameras in the UK.

Although beware, if you have one fitted and cause an accident, you have just captured your own evidence of wrong doing.

"if" you cause an accident of course.

Harbo":16helgi6 said:
The police on the M3 & M27 corridor have been videoing drivers from a hired lorry (to give them a better view into the cars).
Nabbed 85 drives in 5 days - apart from using mobile phones etc, one was caught using a laptop to answer quiz questions whilst writing the answers on some paper!!
Another was eating by cutting off chunks from a pear using a knife.

Well done Police?

Rod
Absolutely Rod...whatever it takes. Rock on! - Rob

Well done police, but its about time the penalties fit the offence, ie using a mobile phone is as dangerous as a drink driver yet for 1 you will loose your licence and for the other you get a fixed penalty and points!

Stew

+1
It makes my blood boil when I see someone using their mobile while driving. Most of the time they don't seem to be aware of what's going on around them.

The other day I was at a T-junction waiting to turn right onto the main road when a female driver came barrelling down the road, turned right at speed, cut the corner, and nearly took off my front wing. Guess what she was doing? When I leaned on the horn and glared at her she dropped the phone and nearly crashed into the kerbside. My blood pressure was right up, so I hope I gave her a fright! :evil:

Les

Mobile Phones...

Fantastic development for being reachable/able to reach someone when you really need to.
Total pain in the arris the way so many people seem to use them these days. Some people seem to be never off them, what is so important you need to be using the damn thing constantly?

studders":1kgernpi said:
Mobile Phones...

Fantastic development for being reachable/able to reach someone when you really need to.
Total pain in the arris the way so many people seem to use them these days. Some people seem to be never off them, what is so important you need to be using the damn thing constantly?
Agreed and as I've said before...what did we all do before them? We got by, we coped, got stuff done and the world kept spinning. Good things to have, but mine is switched off most of the time...in fact where I work, it's a requirement that they are 'off' - Rob

woodbloke":3eh1rbba said:
in fact where I work, it's a requirement that they are 'off' - Rob

Oooh, don't get me started on that one Mr W.
Number of times I've stood around waiting to be served by some spotty oik jabbering into his mobile, looking at me with an 'how dare you interrupt my personal call' look on his boat; often they don't even bother to end their call to serve you, just carry on talking at the same time. My friend lets his staff do it too, number of times I've expressed my 'disapproval' , makes no difference though.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................................................umpy Old Git me.

I did hear recently that the National Health Service are offering an operation to remove mobile phones from the hands now. :lol:

mickthetree":1fumcu5f said:
Chems":1fumcu5f said:
If a police vehicle can be fitted with cameras so can a private saloon car

Its very popular in America. There are a number of cameras on the market for the UK now too. There are some videos on youtube of footage from such cameras in the UK.

Although beware, if you have one fitted and cause an accident, you have just captured your own evidence of wrong doing.

"if" you cause an accident of course.
Just a FWIW here in Tokyo all/ almost all taxies are fitted with front facing video cameras and have been for the last few years. You can find some footage on YouTube showing how bad some taxi drivers are.

It has improved the driving of some of them so is no bad thing.

mailee":leo2u55m said:
I did hear recently that the National Health Service are offering an operation to remove mobile phones from the hands now. :lol:

If I had my way with some of them it would be an operation to remove it from their hand that was needed. :shock:

Banks and cash areas don't like their staff to have the means to use mobile telephones, I wonder why?

I agree mobile phones should not be on when in motor vehicles but there are officers and some instances where officialdom do use these things with their other duties. If they are able to do it, it might not be that unsafe?

Bad drivers should not use telephones.

In a previous existence I used to drive around a fair bit managing several construction sites and my cars were fitted with hands free kits ( considered to be reasonably safe at that time).
Now retired I get very few calls and though I have a Blue Tooth connection in my car, on long journeys most calls are to my wife who is generally the passenger.
My iPhone is really used as a mini computer (emails, Sat Nav, googling etc) - I "do" this forum mainly using Tapatalk.

Rod

Latest posts

Back