Natural edge x 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
A sort of bowl, stretching the term a little. Timber is Hawthorne. Normally I would tidy off the base dovetail, but in this case the thing is so fragile that trying to reverse it to do so would definitely end in disaster, so, I left it as a foot. Finish is Shellac, a bit overdone on this making it look a bit unnatural, disappointing, but at this stage to difficult to cut back. size 5.5 inches wide

NEhaw-1.png

NEhaw-4.png

This small vase is made from spalted Beech with a Hawthorne base, because of the large area of white rot, this was very punky and tricky to turn and finish. Colour is Chestnut spirit stain over laid with Jo Sonja irridescent paint and finished with Chestnut Lacquer. Size 6" tall.

Violetvase-3.png

Violetvase-1.png

Violetvase-2.png

Very nice Kim like the first one better I did one similar to that but did manage to remove the foot using a jam chuck right in the bottom but still had to remove the very last little bit by hand. It can be a little daunting when trying to remove a foot on such a piece.
Never mind it still looks good

I can still feel the remnants of waves of tension generated flowing eastwards whilst turning the first one Kim.
Shouts very loudly "Do Not Take that Last cut"

Re: the foot, think there might be merit in making a feature of the 'ring' by adding colour to match the edging bark if you encounter the problem again.

That's a very good idea Chas, I'll bear that one in mind for future use, cheers!

Back