Name that tree

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noel, if you are getting those local poplar leaves from where I think you are getting them (Bellarena House, wall bordering the road?) I know a man who saw them planted nearly 80 years ago. Just to put provenance on them.
Sam

Thanks Tris, will get a picture maybe later today.

Leaf from the web of Lombardy Poplar:

nigra4b.jpg

Hey Sam, yes, those are the first ones I thought of but no, the leaves I got were from a Poplar across a field near me, a guy planted them 7/8 years ago (along with the usual awful Conifers) to provide some screening for a proposed new house.
But will try and get a leaf or two from the ones you mention, didn't know they were planted so long ago, 2/3 have been lost in storms over the years:

H2X4TEO.jpg

If you want to identify the variety of poplar of your tree, a picture of the whole tree, to show it's form and a picture of the stem showing the bark would help.

Yep, as mentioned will get one. Have to sneak across a wet field in me wellies...

Wellies? Ah, the pleasures of living 2m above mean sea level...even more reason for not digging founds for that greenhouse! Your water table must be no more than three spits down! DAMHIKT...let's just say the tractor and trailer were heavily loaded...

Sam

Back