Nailer/Stapler

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Having read the thread about compressors I've ordered the same one as espedair... With a birthday coming up (£££s) I've permission to get a gun... :D

:?: Can any of you luvly folks suggest a budget one that will meet me requirements:
Pinning, nailing (up to 40mm+) and stapling... is there such an animal :?:

Here's hoping

If i where you i wouldn't get a nailer stapler i would get a single use gun i.e nail gun or seperate stapler and i also wouldn't buy a cheap one as you will regret it as thats what i did and i ended up buying a more expensive one Bostitch make a good one you can pick them up on ebay for about £50 brand new.

Cheers,
Derek.

Thanks Derek
My budget's around the £50 mark so unfortunately it won't run to two items.

I'm very wary of ebay, a friend bought new via ebay and has a duff machine after only 12 days ...the importer keeps referring him to the seller... who's message box is full... I'd rather deal with a reputable company such as Axminster or buy locally.

Meantime, I'll do a search on 'Bostitch'

Drew":1stu4ajz said:
If you want a cheapy to try out that wont break the bank Aldi are doing a nailer/stapler this week for £20.
http://uk.aldi.com/

Well I have nailer that came from them ~1 year old now, not used loads but quite a bit for try outs and other rough stuff. That was £20 and works a treat so I have been and got the nailer/stapler, mainly for holding sheet stuff on the backs of shop things.

Once I have sorted out a coupler for the air line, wrong type in the box I will let you know how it is.

I also bought the aldi stapler.I have the nailer already.Brilliant for the price.Three year guarantee as well so they must be fairly reliable.The queue at the checkout was amusing.All blokes with either compressors or staple guns or both.And one woman.Was it Alf?

Thanks Drew et al

B****r :x I didn't go for the Aldi 'cos it seemed toooo cheap... let's hope they've some left tomorrow :oops:

harry":ipamjgwj said:
The queue at the checkout was amusing.All blokes with either compressors or staple guns or both.And one woman.Was it Alf?
Depends. Was she berating all the blokes for being a load of wusses and showing them how to use a hammer...? :wink:

No, she was buying a compressor for her husband like proper wives should do.

Hi folks,

I have finally cobbled together the cash and the justification to get myself a compressor and nail gun and so have been surfing around looking for a good sounding deal.

I have about £150 to spend in total and although I will primarily be using a nailer or stapler, I daresay a spraygun would get some use eventually as well.

With this in mind, I see there is someone on ebay doing an SIP T1.5/25 compressor with a nailer as well as the usual 5 piece kit you normally see offered with compressors. Does anyone have any experience of SIP compressors? Or can they recommend a better setup for that sort of money?

As an aside, what are the cfm, free-cfm ratings and what difference do they make? (basic newbie questions, I know, I apologise).

Thanks all, and sorry for hijacking the thread. :oops:

V.

Be warying of buying a nailer/stapler, especially where finish is important. The staple is fired using two pins which means that both sides of the staple enter the timber equally.

When you use a nail instead, there are still two firing pins - one of them drives the nail, the other makes a mark in the timber!!

I had a long and helpful conversation with the Axminster tech team about this, which resulted in me sending back my combined gun and buying two separates.

Cheers

Tim

Tim
thanks to others who responded I decided to persevere with me electric stapler and buy just the nail gun...

just as well bearing in mind your advice... nice to get it right sometimes :D

Latest posts

Back