Nailed one at last !!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
After selling my EX30 I have been on the lookout for a Hegner Scroll Saw

After many failed attempts on flebay being outbid :roll:

I won a new saw

Should be with me Monday :mrgreen:

Lets see how vibration free it is

Well done Blister. You mentioned a Hegner in a previous post and I am getting the same model. I to got rid of my ex-21 as well. Mine was rubbish. It went back to the supplier. I just have to wait until this time next month before they give me a full refund and then adding some more hard earned cash to it I will be getting my Hegner. Be interesting to see your appraisal of it in due course.

Geoff.

I hope your new saw is more satisfactory than your previous one.

By coincidence, I have been scanning my old Scroll Saw Workshop magazines into pdf files and only last night I came across a review of the EX-21. Its summary was, "All in all, the Excalibur folks did a fantastic job with this saw. The EX-21 is very user friendly, smooth, and very useable." I take it that many people here would disagree :lol: .

Gill":1nsuexwo said:
I hope your new saw is more satisfactory than your previous one.

By coincidence, I have been scanning my old Scroll Saw Workshop magazines into pdf files and only last night I came across a review of the EX-21. Its summary was, "All in all, the Excalibur folks did a fantastic job with this saw. The EX-21 is very user friendly, smooth, and very useable." I take it that many people here would disagree :lol: .

Have you seen how many " Returned by customer second hand EX machines Axminster have on ebay " :( normally 2 or 3 a week

Many people have the Excalibur and are very happy with them but sadly there are many people who have had to return their excalibur to the supplier, myself included, and as Blister said, I think if the number of saws that were sent back was common knowledge then we would have a shock. I personally think the problem lies with the production and assembly lines in Taiwan and feel it is a bit of hit and miss, after all, how many of them know what use the saws will be used for. I have read many post on this and other forums and the scroll saws from the far east continue to give the users problems and I cannot see it getting any better.

I was talking to the manager of the tool shop yesterday where I buy everything I need and he was saying that almost all wood working machinery now comes from China or Taiwan. All the great British engineering forms that made top class machines have gone or been bought out by China, like Robert Sorby and a few others. I just thank God that Hegner have not succumbed to China and it is still possible to buy a first class machine that will last many years if not a lifetime. I cannot wait to get mine. You never hear of people who own a hegner saying they have got a problem with it.

Back