NAIL GUN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
........ - big, heavy, slow, clunky .........
Can’t actually disagree with bits of that - it is big and quite heavy. Not found it too slow though. Does what I need though. Oddly, when working outside, the dogs (inside) hate it yet are fine with the Paslode. There must be just a difference in the type of ‘bang’ they make. The Paslode I’d say is louder but perhaps just not frequency issue

Last edited:
Just to share my experience with the Ryobi 18g cordless nailer. Works fine most of the time and when it fires it nearly always sinks the brad well into the wood, even in hardwood. But i do get a good number of times when it just doesn't fire which seems to be linked to the battery. I mainly run it off knock off batteries and when they are not fully charged it struggled to fire, and this has gotten even worse now thats its cold.
I wouldn't rely on it for my job but as a DIY'er its fine and just being able to pick it up and go to fire a brad or 2 is so much easier than getting a compressor and hose out.

I run mine on proper Ryobi batteries and it’s never failed to fire even when battery running low in these temps so you may be right about the third-party batteries causing your issues (or you’re just unlucky!)

I have the ryobi 18g and in this weather am finding when ive not used it for a while it doesn't fire, I use genuine batteries - what I did do to get it working was 'wiggle' the air pressure dial thingy at the back, and it sprung into life

Decent enough gun if you are already invested in the Ryobi system and have batteries etc.

Can’t actually disagree with bits of that - it is big and quite heavy. Not found it too slow though. Does what I need though. Oddly, when working outside, the dogs (inside) hate it yet are fine with the There must be just a difference in the type of ‘bang’ they make. The Paslode I’d say is louder but perhaps just not frequency issue
To be clear, I meant it's slow in comparison to the Ryobi Air Strike stapler that I have, and compared with the 16g air nailer I used to have. 👍

Maestri

Although they're more a veneer pinner than a heavy duty brad gun. Cost about your price range or a bit over. I think they also do a brad and a staple version, but it was only the veneer pinner i was interested in given its for finishing and I wanted a nailer that didnt leave a gigantic hole or dent in the timber
Pretty much a professional tool. The veneer pin is headless so goes in with hardly a mark.

Currently I've an old tacwise 191EL , but its only used for construction due the the dents it makes.

Update - One here
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maestri-...d90b752:g:SXkAAOSwX-Bf1fLI&LH_ItemCondition=4

Last edited:
I’ve got a Ryobi and a matching jigsaw. The nail gun is quite heavy but I use the small capacity batteries both came with (from SGS) rather than a big heavy one which helps a lot. I did pinch the missus’ big charger that came with her strimmer which recharges them quickly - and the gun does a lot of firing even from the small battery.
I like it but have nothing to compare it with.

I looked at US prices today. US price £85......UK price. .....£170 to. £240. A complete rip off. I could buy US + UK VAT + import tax and still be at least £65 better off. Think blames its dealers and UK taxes but that is a poor excuse and a poor response. I will now get rid of my two Think tools.

I looked at US prices today. US price £85......UK price. .....£170 to. £240.

Beech,
What product are you referring to ?

Back