Nail Gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, As per the title, I'm after a nail gun to fix mitred boxes together. I'm very mean and don't want to spend loads. Very hobby use, eg use it for a couple of days, get bored with that project, move on to another, pick nail gun up 6 months later, repeat ad infinitum.

If you have a compressor air nail guns can be picked up quite inexpensively & are so useful around the workshop for a myriad of things

Aldi had a nail gun last week for not much money - probably still some left in the bins in the middle of the shop - pretty sure it was battery (certainly not compressor driven).

I've got a cheapie VonHaus battery nail gun - excellent - in the last 6 weeks I've fired over 1,000 brads and about 3,000 staples - without missing a beat.

+1 for the Aldi gun. I’ve had the Ferex (lithium battery) gun for about a year and it’s been fine. Reliable, portable and not too heavy. Currently about £85.

If you have a compressor, I would actually recommend the £20ish Silverline model, surprisingly reliable, sturdy and comfortable for quite heavy use at times.

I have recently bought a Draper battery powered nailer stapler as I find taking my compressor to clients for just a few pins is tedious. I used it today to fix some architrave. It marks the surface more than my Bostich air powered guns. It is also heavier and slower. It was £159 with one battery from Toolstation. I would buy it again. Hope that helps.

As an update. I took a punt on facebook market place and picked up a clarke pioneer compressor for a good price, (read really cheap) So I can extend my search to an air nailer.

Latest posts

Back