N Compass

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutting circles with a router is easily done...and can be adjustable...with a simple cheap jig....

When I cut the speaker grille holes on the AC30 clone I made a while back I cut out a thin ply sheet which you can see in the photo:

build4.jpg

I took the original plastic base off...fitted this one with a row of holes radiating out to the pointy bit....

The holes had a pop rivet pin pushed through. The piece then had a similar hole at centre point and then the router rotates around the pin.

Simple!

Jim

Thanks for the tip jim, but I have a selection of circle cutting jigs which came with the several routers that I have. I want very fine adjustment to do things like cutting a groove 2.4mm wide using a 1.6mm spiral downcut bit. I don't thing a pin in a piece of ply will give me that accuracy.

Hi WW

Just put a small block at the extreme connected with another block further down and connect the two with a fine thread bolt...that way you have a micro adjustment.

Jim

Back