Mystery Tool?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahking51

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Been a long time since I was last here, really busy with all sorts of odd items, but every now and then a real oddity comes along and defies all normal avenues of research, just like this one!

th_bd9f826a.jpg

th_6ff9169c.jpg

th_3cc25c12.jpg

Seems to be for gripping something and then releasing it, not very robust item so fairly light use only I would think.
One thought has been that it is for extracting military ammunition from some sort of case?
200mm long overall and business end is 33.3mm diameter
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers,
Martin

Hi Martin, this is a guess but from the handle and the 'jaws' looking fairly flexible, could it be brush/mop which you can change the bristle or rag?
chris

soulboy":15xhi2qo said:
Hi Martin, this is a guess but from the handle and the 'jaws' looking fairly flexible, could it be brush/mop which you can change the bristle or rag?
chris

What a superb piece of logic!

I have no idea if it's true but I hope it is!!!

=D> =D>

Jimi

I did think it was for changing lightbulbs when you can't your fingers around them, but it probably isnt.

G

Looks like madcap Victorian kitchen equipment to me. Improved boiled egg placement tool perhaps (hammer)

How bizarre. It's the short handle that puzzles me. A retrieval tool or fruit picking tool usually has a long handle. I'm struggling to see how a light duty gripping tool, if it's only 200mm long, is better than your own fingers. But perhaps it's an accessory for inserting some component (a light bulb is not a bad idea, t8hants) into a larger piece of machinery when it's a bit risky to use your own digits?

Nice to see you again Martin 8)
Imagine this......
A seal type cover has been put over the end of something and will drop off unless crimped in some way.

Put this device over the top and push, it crimps and squashes the cover.
When you pull the item (bottle neck ?) out it releases and is ready for the next one. :idea:

Would have thought it sealed something that is not a liquid.

Other thoughts include holding a flare/ burning torch?

Whatever it is when you are through with using it you will need to grasp the "remainder " to pull it out...

Its not here.... http://www.oldgardentools.co.uk/gathering

Teat tickler for milking (ouch) :shock:

Andy

Back