Mystery - Bench top Table Saw parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Kev, the review is on Utube and is for the Dewalt 7491 Site Saw, the lower dust extraction port is as you say part of the blade houseing,,which also has the motor bolted to it and when chummy is twisting the hose off the port it did seem that the alloy unit was moving around, the reviewer didn't comment on it but it was something I noticed and from the rear it was all perfectly visible, maybe a different model saw?
Im now waiting for the Excell to arrive,,
Steve.
Brill Steve, let us know how you get on and what you think. ...Rob

I have just bought this saw and was also confused about the black plastic strip. I worked out as indicated that it is attached to the fence when cutting thin strips for safety. In your picture you have the dust extraction adaptor on the blade guard, it should be fitted to the extraction port on the side of the machine, I find it fits my shop vac perfectly. Use a thinner hose from the blade guard with a T piece to the lower extraction hose. I have to say a great saw for those like me with limited space.

I have just purchased this saw having searched for a long time for a small enough table saw for my workshop. How effective is the dust extraction, and do you have any advice on setting it up well?

Thanks,

Sam

I have just purchased this saw having searched for a long time for a small enough table saw for my workshop. How effective is the dust extraction, and do you have any advice on setting it up well?

Thanks,

Sam
Give us a review!

looks a great saw for me on site.

I have an excel bench top table saw. It came with the black plastic parts indicated in the pics. These are showing on the internet in images as mounted to the rip fence. I can’t for the life of me understand what they are for. The manual and info from the manufacturer doesn’t say.

im hoping some of you peeps that are more experienced than I have some inkling.

Kind Regards…… Rob

View attachment 121700

View attachment 121707
I think that fence piece is to set the end point of the fence back towards the feed end to reduce the chances of pinching and kickback.??
Cheers
Andrew

From the pics of the dewalt saw it looks very similar to my Ryobi it too has the low fence attachment which can be fitted to either side of the main fence very handy when cutting 9 mm ply etc or thinner . The problem im having is with the start up it is sparodic one min smooth full speed next its chattering and speed fluctuates thought it might be soft start , I have fitted new brushes and cleaned com but still have problem any help out there

It is an aftermarket auxiliary fence, in layman's terms. If your sticking veneers on both sides of a panel they could be overhanging the board edges, bigger in size than the board or sometimes called the core as it's in the centre. If you lift that auxiliary fence up so the veneer underneath the core slides under it and the veneer on the top of the board slides over it you don't have to trim the veneer off to run your panel down the fence. The panel or core is running down the auxiliary fence so you can make a complete cut on the opposite side. Then remove it if you want. It can also be used when ripping small dimensions close to the tall fence. You attach it so it gives you more room between the tall fence and the saw blade so you can use you push stick (or fingers) to push the work through the saw. On the larger industrial machines (see photo) and even on some of the newer home shop machines they fit them as standard, reversible. Hope this helps. Tony
Screenshot (1956).png

Thanks,

Sam
Hi Sam, really sorry for the late reply. The dust extraction has two ports. I only use the lower one and not the one above on the guard. I use my Henry on it and it works quite well actually. You still get dust coming from the top but it’s not a lot. If you have the guard on and also use the extraction port on that, it would be even better but you would need some sort of tee piece in your extraction pipes etc.

Kind Regards… Rob

I made a portable stand for it now that’s level with my workbench. It’s now all painted black and tarted up a bit but you get the gist from the image.

F22C7309-DBD6-4012-A929-71CCA446605A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back