• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Myford ml8 lathe bolts.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
Wanted myford ml8 lathe bolts for the face turning tool rest.

It's s course thread to tighten it in a 1/4 turn or so...

We have the nuts they screw into just not the bolts.

There were some on eBay but they disappeared before I brought them, and the chaps at our men's shed are keen to get going on bowl turning.

If any knows if a source I'd be great appreciative.

Cheers James

You could just use normal bolts and a ratchet. Not quite so handy, but it would work fine until you found the real thing.

Edit:- Look here for exploded view and part numbers

Last edited:
Hi james, go to a local engineering firm with the nut and toolpost, they will at least be able to confirm the thread type/ size and length.... you can then search ebay for m8 knobs of whatever.... or just buy a coupke of bolts from the engineer and weld a rod to them?

Wanted myford ml8 lathe bolts for the face turning tool rest.

It's s course thread to tighten it in a 1/4 turn or so...

We have the nuts they screw into just not the bolts.

There were some on eBay but they disappeared before I brought them, and the chaps at our men's shed are keen to get going on bowl turning.

If any knows if a source I'd be great appreciative.

Cheers James
Hi,
They will be imperial thread. If you look for BAPP bolts they will probably have them. They are one of the biggest nationwide suppliers and I think they have a branch near you.
Regards,
Dave

Back