My Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice to Johnboy and considerably larger than my garage/workshop.

I know what you mean about the painting :)

Nice one johnboy, why don`t you post them up in the gallery under workshops, then they will be there FOREVER (well nearly :D )

Johnboy":avj0fo3q said:
I have put them in the gallery. How long before they can be seen?

John

Unfortunately Charley is away on vacation, and he's the only moderator for the gallery (I think). I've asked him to make it un-moderated in the past https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=898 but he'd rather not, so he's away for three weeks I think :shock:

You could add a request there for Charley, or ask him to add some extra moderators. It is worth sending him a PM to let him know you are needing the pictures authorised.

Adam

John,

Definitely of interest. I love a good nose around someone else's workshop. :wink: You've got some nice kit there too.

As regards authorising pics in the gallery, that's Charley's domain and his alone, so it's 3 weeks I'm afraid. :(

Cheers, Alf

Left to water the plants but without any house keys. :roll:

Nice looking workshop you need some pest control there tho i saw a big rat in the corner of one of your pics :lol: i must take some pickys of mine when its finished .

Thanks for sharing views of your workshop, a nice and well organised place from the looks of it.
Seeing this, I really need to sort of my pile of timber on the floor which takes too much space!

Hi Johnboy,

Very nice workshop.

Two questions. I am revamping mine at the moment and being just a bit bigger then yours, how many strip lights have you got, and do you think that is enough, or do you think you need more? They look like there doubles is that right?
I have 4 in mine at the moment and 6 light blubs (they were there when we purchased the property) and this is far from adequate, so i want to get it right first time.

Also i notice that you have a filter placed up near the ceiling. What model is it and does it make a difference to the dust in your shop?

Once again you've got a really nice shop there.

Regards

Mike.C

.....I have 4 in mine at the moment and 6 light blubs (they were there when we purchased the property) and this is far from adequate....

Take your sunglasses off mike :lol:

Just Kiddin :wink:

Hi billzee,

You would think that 4 strip lights and 6 light blubs is not to bad but there are a lot of dark spots. The trouble is as well as being 26ft x 13ft the ceiling
height is about 9ft and upstairs is even worse both day and night as there is no windows.

One thing i have noticed is that these strip lights are all linked together eg they have got wiring coming out of the end which goes into the end of the next one and so on. Is this the way it is supposed to be done?

Regards

Mike.C

Mike

having no natural light does explain your situation better.

As for the wiring, I think that would be quite normal, after all, your domestic lighting is just the same, its just that usually the wire run is hidden.

The numbers of course don't explain everything, it depends also on the wattage.( brightness) of the bulbs

Placement is important as well.

Bottom line is, if there is not enough light either replace them with brighter bulbs( if possible) and/or increase the number of fitments

Edit: Check that your fitments can take a more powerful bulb or tube though

Hi Mike, I have 6 double 5ft fittings, 3 down each side. I think they are 55 watt tubes. They are not wired in series but correctly in parallell with each bank of 3 with their own switch. I have no natural light and find the light is OK but intend to install some anglepoise lamps over the workbench and lathe for fine detail work.

The fine dust filter is the smallest Axminster one. See:- http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=MTM.

It removes a lot of fine dust as I have to clean the pre filter fairly often and at 140 quid is not too expensive. I intend to move the main dust extractor into an extension ( similar to Adam's) which should be a big improvement.

John

Johnboy":2h0ktta0 said:
a lot of fine dust as I have to clean the pre filter fairly often and at 140 quid is not too expensive. I intend to move the main dust extractor into an extension ( similar to Adam's) which should be a big improvement.
John

I have to say I don't find any fine dust in my workshop whatsoever - which makes me suspect the "filters" on the top of an average extractor, actually let a lot of dust through. I'd highly rate having the extractor outside in an extension. Quieter, and less dust.

Adam

Back