My workshop,come on in!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice PT... Given me a good idea with that shelter outside your workshop.

8)

S'nice. How big? The outside bench is a nice touch; could do with one of them myself, but nowhere to put it. :(

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2oiz51q4 said:
The outside bench is a nice touch; could do with one of them myself, but nowhere to put it.

Why not put it outside?
Tin+hat+smiley.gif

Gill

Alf":30kotequ said:
S'nice. How big? The outside bench is a nice touch; could do with one of them myself, but nowhere to put it. :(

Cheers, Alf

Original shed was 8' x 6',added 8' x 8' on the end earlier this year.
Extension is slightly "L" shaped as it was built around the existing outside bench,so built a bench into the alcove and mounted my lathe on it.
Then put doors on it,then put shelves in.....

Outside bench is where I do most work (hence building the cover over it)
so only tend to work inside when using the pillar drill/lathe/chopsaw.
Can handle 8' x 4' sheets inside,and because of the positioning of the drill and chopsaw,can manage 8' lengths on either.(Anything big has to be assembled outside,or I can't get it out of the door :D )

Nice thinking with your workshop layout, hope it's a warm winter up North though :wink:

You mention the subject of posting pictures on the forum website. Are you aware you can also do this?

Picture052.jpg

devonwoody":3fnlzfj5 said:
Nice thinking with your workshop layout, hope it's a warm winter up North though :wink:

You mention the subject of posting pictures on the forum website. Are you aware you can also do this?

Yes,I've (recently) worked that one out,just thought for more than a couple of pictures,it takes up a lot less space to post the links.

However,thanks,and all tips gratefully received :D

Andrew

Nice one P.T. Did you do the brickwork yourself? Cos if so, along with the woodworking skills, that makes you a cleaver lad in my book. It all looks square & true from here. My own new workshop is coming along............ slowly, but my skill at laying blocks (for the base) is as wobbly as the wall itself. :) Happily I can cover up with the cladding so it should all look as it is meant to be. Photos will be posted when the project is complete, or as soon as l.o.m.l. gets to it.
Cheers, Sliver :D :)

Yes,built the lot - concrete base,brickwork,roof,electrics.
And I must have only posted the best pictures,because it's not quite square on one corner,and a couple of courses developed a slight curve that took about the next four to get straight again :oops:
But it's quite near,and not bad for my first attempt at bricklaying.

Top tip - get your bricks from a builders merchant who has a "brick library" so you can match the existing bricks (the reason it's brick and not timber is because I wanted it to extend,and therefore match,the existing shed) - standard bricks are now 65 mm depth,mine are 73mm;difficult to match courses with the wrong size bricks.... :shock:

I'm boasting again.

When I was around 12 to 14 my mother complained that people were encroaching on the front garden so I built a brick wall around 3ft6" high and most probable 15ft frontage and 10ft siding. Every brick I dropped in a bucket of water because it made them stick better in the mortar :wink:

That was 53 years ago, my sister tells me the wall is still standing and is most probably a better attraction than the leaning tower of Pisa.

So anyone who wants to lay bricks just go ahead and do it.

Hi again P.T.
Hey, I'm impressed. You really are a cleaver lad. Wrong size bricks and all. Electrics too?. The boy done good.

Hi Dev,
Another talented man, (or boy as you were then) I feel so humble. I can usually make an average job of things if I 'set my stall out' as they say in Yorkshire, but it's sometimes more luck than judgement. Well if that's the case I'll take luck if ability is a bit lacking.

Credit to you both.
Cheers, Sliver.

Latest posts

Back