My wife...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be great to be able to spend taxpayers money on wooden armadillos . Are you sure the mp didnt mis hear on the dillo bit :lol:

A friend of ours hosts a Global Gifts day each year, Christmas pressies from around the 3rd world sort of stuff, so we support her. Our MP just turned up in cognito, not officially. His weekends must be busy!

I usually bake a cake for the cake stall, and didn't this year, and someone wanted to know where my cake was! I now have a Cake Commission. I think I have a whole new cullinary career in front of me.

Perhaps I should turn my workshop into a kitchen, what do you reckon?

Cheers
Steve

Although we knock our MPs (deservedly, in some cases) it's easy to forget just how hard the vast majority of them do work. Often, it's effort behind the scenes that goes unnoticed and unrewarded, but without which our society would be much the poorer. It sounds like your MP is one such, Steve, and I've got to say that although I disagree with the party politics of my MP (Julie Kirkbride) I cannot fault her for her commitment to her constituency. Indeed, I've had cause to seek her support on a couple of issues recently and she has been as helpful as I could have wished.

Talking of kitchens, I'm on the verge of gutting and redesigning my own 8-[ , although I'm trying to hold off until after Christmas. Does anyone have any advice or links about how to do this? I've no idea where to start, but the vinyl floor tiles have got to be replaced and I can't live with the various pipes that are running along walls any longer. The walls are clad with hardboard panelling which was installed before we moved into the house. Since a fair amount of wallpaper in other rooms was fixed with blu-tack (!) I'm dreading what we might find beneath the cladding.

Steve, why don't you turn your workshop into a kitchen and I'll follow you, step-by-step :wink: :) ?

Didn't you get a photo of the armadillo before it was sold? I'd love to have seen it. Whenever I hear mention of an "armadillo", it reminds me of the film Steel Magnolias :lol: .

Gill

Gill,

Yes, out MP is a good bloke. He spends every Sunday knocking on doors, not just when there is an election looming, but all the time, and has done ever since he was first elected. He also does his best to promote consensual politics locally, often supporting ideas and policies of other parties on local issues, when they make sense.

I too, just wish he belonged to a different Party!

But we won't go there, I'll have the Mods down on me :)

~~~~~~~~~

When we were kids we moved into an un-modernised Victorian house. When Dad decorated our bedroom he took off 13 layers of wallpaper. He always said the room was a foot bigger afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~

I started to "do" our kitchen after we had it extended, about 12 years ago. I bought the carcases and was going to make the doors. Seven years later we got a firm in. It was done in a week. Making a kitchen from scratch needs loads of space, it's just such a daunting task. Best of luck with it!

Cheers
Steve

Back