My weekends work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_0054 (640x480).jpg

some of my weekends work got some other stuff but havent sorted and resized pictures yet

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0054 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0054 (640x480).jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 1,009
Thanks i do them to sell ive got three craft fairs coming up first one next week although i do sometimes give them as gifts to family friends etc

mark

Thats a great collection of pieces Mark , You have some lovely figures there you should have great success at your fairs .
What wood do you use for what you have shown Mark .

hi boysie it is mainly different thickness of soft wood from my timber merchant quite cheap to buy , some planed and some just rough sawn but i am fussy about quality and grain pattern and picking bits that are mostly knot free and without splits , the guys up there are used to me now and dont think it strange when im selecting my pieces and understand what im after , its like you want this bit and i hold it up rub my hands over it whilst looking at grain pattern and spilts and ill say no no good and move onto next bit lol

May I ask what sort of prices that you sell these for? Its just that I am interested in doing a few craft fairs in the future to help me pay my way through university and I'm trying to get an idea of what I can earn for my efforts.

Cheers

Nice looking work Mark ..looks like you are a little factory at full production..If I had to do that much in a weekend it would be a job not fun....not bean in my shed for a couple of weeks..cheers geoff3

well geoff i guess im lucky as it is a second job but fun also , i find it de stressess me from day job tucked away with heater and radio on , i guess if i made a piece that took me 100 odd hours that wouldnt be fun for me at all , but the guy who does that probably wouldnt find what i do fun so its horses for courses.

adam the stuff i sell ranges between 6 and 12 pound for regular stuff the rocking horses i sell for 65 i only do in spare time but i dont do bad over the year.

Mark

Latest posts

Back