My UK 4-1/2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydb1md

Established Member
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I won an auction for a 4-1/2 that was over in the U.K. I never got around to posting any pics or the story so here it is . . .

When I won the ad, I failed to notice that the seller didn't take PayPal or any form of electronic payment. If I mailed her a check, it would have taken a small eternity for the check to get to her, clear and her to ship the plane. So, I wrote an email to a nice guy over in the UK by the name of Phil. He and I have corresponded in the past and I wondered if he could help me out.

To make a long story short, I PayPal'd Philly and he sent the seller a check -- very nice of him. I had the plane a week and a half later. Below are some pics. It's a WWII era 4-1/2 that was made in England. It's nice and heavy. It came in pretty good shape. The sole needed a lot of work to flatten and there was some rust to clean up. But all in all, I'm really happy with my 4-1/2. Thanks again Philly!

smoother.jpg

smoother_b.jpg

smoother_c.jpg

smoother_d.jpg
:D

Aw Dave, you got me blushing :oops:
Happy to help out a fellow sufferer of TAS (Tool Aquisition Syndrome :lol: )
Enjoy,
Philly :D

Back