My TS-200 fettling and saw/RT bench build thread...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big soft moose":1q2kxxh8 said:
MickCheese":1q2kxxh8 said:
Be careful with the ends of the sliding track, they are as sharp as hell. On the advice of Rob (Woodbloke) I made a wooden plate that fits into the track end with rounded corners so when I walk into the end of the track I don't rip a hole in my leg. :D

Although the far end of yours looks like it has a plate riveted over it?

Mick

too right , mine has got a rounded wooden dish on it that ed made, handy for keeping allen keys etc to hand as well

That was a product of standing up underneath it after picking something up of the floor a couple of times - not something to repeat too often!

Ed

You can see my solution in the corner of this picture;

4355558565_1c7c39ea08.jpg

Ed

it works well - tho i dont leave the sliding table mounted all the time anyway because ive only got about half the space ed has.

on the one at work we've jetisoned the slider for space reasons and just use the mortice gauge instead

While we are on the subject of sliding tables...

That bent arm thing with the hold down clamp on the end - I had to replace the grub screw holding it with a bolt so I could get it really tightly mounted. Allowing it to swivel at all caused the clamping action to move the workpiece away from the squaring arm as you did it up.

Then there was the ali blocks that attach the arm to the sliding table - they caused the arm to roll back and lift the leading edge (hard to explain) because they were drilled at the wrong height for the T slot in the arm. drilled oversize holes to fix that.

I'll try and remember to take a picture tomorrow.

Was going to make a router fence but decided to do something more interesting instead - making a NVR switch :)

Having used the saw a bit the one thing that was bothering me was not being able to get to the off button when cutting sheet material. One of the metalworking machines we used to have in the business had a kick bar kill switch so you could stop it without having to go looking for the switch. I always thought that was a good idea so set about recreating it.

The other thing putting me off just buying a NVR switch was their habit of going wrong and the fact that they are a bit cheap and nasty internally.

So I went to Maplin and bought some bits. A 3 pole 240v relay (L,N and stop circuit), mounting base, press to make green push button and an enclosure.

here is the receipt for part numbers and prices and my circuit diagram -
ts-66.jpg

I already had some cable grip bushes and an old metalclad 13A socket. The white lead is the stop circuit. Shorted with a wire just for testing - it works :)
ts-67.jpg

So now i needed some stop switches. strips of ply with hinges and NC contacts used on microswitches which again I already had. Clear Polcarbonate covers to protect the terminals.
ts-68.jpg

Was a bit awkward but installed under the saw bench and wiring clipped up out of harms way. Cables are gripped near the switches and insulated boots used on the spade terminals.
ts-69.jpg

Heres a view with the router table hinged up to let some light in. drawers are removed.
ts-70.jpg

And with the drawers back in place. Drawers are a bit heavy duty but I didn't want to buy more material just for them.
ts-71.jpg

So I can plug the router in and just press the green button to start it then kick the 'foot switch' to stop it Or I can plug the saw in and use my NVR as an interrupt to stop the saw easily. Press the green button on my NVR, press the start button on the saw and it runs. Kick the stop bar to stop the saw and I'm back to 2 button presses to start the saw. If access to the saws stop button is easy then I can just use that as normal and my NVR stays on.

Having found this by doing a search for TS200 and it started in 2010....have any of these mods (improvements) been incoporated in the TS200 .....2012 version
or do we not know
Dave

The TS200 went end of life last year it's now the TS20 -2. Main difference was a new fence and it's not backwards compatible which is a shame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to make a router fence but decided to do something more interesting instead - making a NVR switch :)

Having used the saw a bit the one thing that was bothering me was not being able to get to the off button when cutting sheet material. One of the metalworking machines we used to have in the business had a kick bar kill switch so you could stop it without having to go looking for the switch. I always thought that was a good idea so set about recreating it.

The other thing putting me off just buying a NVR switch was their habit of going wrong and the fact that they are a bit cheap and nasty internally.

So I went to Maplin and bought some bits. A 3 pole 240v relay (L,N and stop circuit), mounting base, press to make green push button and an enclosure.

here is the receipt for part numbers and prices and my circuit diagram -
ts-66.jpg

I already had some cable grip bushes and an old metalclad 13A socket. The white lead is the stop circuit. Shorted with a wire just for testing - it works :)
ts-67.jpg

So now i needed some stop switches. strips of ply with hinges and NC contacts used on microswitches which again I already had. Clear Polcarbonate covers to protect the terminals.
ts-68.jpg

Was a bit awkward but installed under the saw bench and wiring clipped up out of harms way. Cables are gripped near the switches and insulated boots used on the spade terminals.
ts-69.jpg

Heres a view with the router table hinged up to let some light in. drawers are removed.
ts-70.jpg

And with the drawers back in place. Drawers are a bit heavy duty but I didn't want to buy more material just for them.
ts-71.jpg

So I can plug the router in and just press the green button to start it then kick the 'foot switch' to stop it Or I can plug the saw in and use my NVR as an interrupt to stop the saw easily. Press the green button on my NVR, press the start button on the saw and it runs. Kick the stop bar to stop the saw and I'm back to 2 button presses to start the saw. If access to the saws stop button is easy then I can just use that as normal and my NVR stays on.
I know this is an old thread but I have just purchased this same saw (in Australia) for equivalent of about 75 pounds. I am looking forward to incorporating some of these mods to make it a bit more user friendly. Thx to all that have contributed the great ideas.

Back