My tailor's gone bust

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodchips2

Established Member
Reaction score
Sad news my tailor has gone bust! Not someone in Saville Row but Edinburgh Woollen Mill. They've kitted me out for years with shirts, trousers, jackets and jumpers in those lovely country styles. I know a lot of retailers have hit the dust with the pandemic but this one did surprise me because they always seemed busy, mainly with an older customers, and ran perpetual sales to tempt you in. Guess this will have a big impact on the Scottish economy as well as all the retail units around the UK.

Regards Keith

Based in Carlisle and all the stuff made abroad. Can't see it having much of an impact on the scottish economy!

When I realised the woollen mill sold almost exclusively products of the chemical industry, and the link with fluffy hillside animals was in name only, I stopped even bothering to go in!

Based in Carlisle and all the stuff made abroad. Can't see it having much of an impact on the scottish economy!
It's the only place locally where I could buy a Harris Tweed jacket and now that has got a closing down sale. I think Harris Tweed is protected by law as being made in the Outer Hebrides.
Regards Keith

Latest posts

Back