My Table / trolley for TS and router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knappers

Established Member
Reaction score
In my wonky wheel thread, there was a request for more pics of my saw table, so here we go...

I bought a Kity 419 from Ebay, but it had no side table, so I made some long side rails from aluminium angle and bolted them to the saw table

simonssawcabinet004.jpg

simonssawcabinet005.jpg

Two pieces of 1" mdf were sandwiched together to make the table extension.

I then decided to set build the trolley to sit it on, and incorporate a chute for dust extraction. (after taking the standard internal chute assembly out of the saw and blocking up all the other holes.

simonssawcabinet009.jpg

f12715a4.jpg

I then incorporated an Axminster fence into it.

4da5fe10.jpg

With an adjustable short fence

610d17a3.jpg

An Incra Magnaloc router insert plate then followed, so I could use my Triton router in the table.

ca1b92da.jpg

Which also has threaded inserts in it for attachment and location of my Incra Ultra router fence.

24ff43e0.jpg

fence004.jpg

Here is my rear extension table. It now has runner grooves in it that line up with those on the saw.

25347eb6.jpg

Next came the crosscut sled.

bef6e9fc.jpg

As the table stands today..
Front view

231e4650.jpg

Rear view

36609a15.jpg

I hope that helps...

Si.

Si,

Looks like a nice, sound piece of work. It's a little on the large side for my shop, but I am making a trolley for my Triton Workcentre right now. I was going to put my router plate under the workcentre, (which is easy enough to remove in one piece) and I need a decent router to leave upside down in the table. So, I am taking it that the Triton big router is a good 'un. My old Elu is due a service. Not sure if it will survive the anaesthetic, during the op! But as said, I would like to leave one permanently under a table.

:)

That looks very good. Do you just have the original short extrusion fixed to the aluminium angle then?

I have a 419 with the side tables, but I want to replace them with a flip up extension. The fence supporting extrusion part is what is causing me to stumble in the plan at the moment. I don't want to cut the long ones so I can sell it complete in the future, so will have to source a short one- hopefully somebody will buy the ts200 kit and have one going spare. I hadn't thought of doing it how you have, so somehow integrating a hinge into the aluminium angle would work will.

I use an Axminster aftermarket fence. The extruded rail (in fact one and a half) for this is bolted to the front angle rail.

Si

Back