My prized box of timbers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noggsy":2y8weegt said:
Wow, that's a hefty price. Makes me happier than ever about the tenner I paid for a lump a couple of weeks ago, from a guy who is closing down his timber trade. I made a mallet head for my mate who has just taken up carving...it's an enlarged copy of my turning mentor's mallet (he's heading slowly over to the dark side ;) )

By the 'dark side', you mean the world of flat-woodwork? Surely you can't mean the other place! :shock:
Noggsy, please choose your euphemisms with more care! :mrgreen:

Dinkie wee mallets BTW, and I'll forgive you the bits that end up on the floor. The words omelettes, breaking and eggs come to mind! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I meant carving rather than turning. I'm a member of a club that does both and the looks that you get if you even talk to them on t'other side! It's all in jest. Mainly. I think.

Hi, I came across your pictures of the F&W sample box while doing a little research on the net for something else. 30 odd years ago I worked at F&W as a lad straight out of school and one of my first jobs was putting the samples boxes together. I remember them well, thanks for putting up the pictures as its brought back a few memories! By the way, the box is made of Sapele if my memory serves.

Hi POB - welcome

Ah yes F&W.........as a DIYer I used to get my timber from the 'open to joe public shed'. This is going back some 30+ years. Nice guys at the desk but service on Sat am was always so slow.

Back