My photos of venus transit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

H all

You can't have missed the news of the transit of venus lately.
Well, I have been eagerly anticipating this event for months and when it finally happened I went outside with my telescope (I do have non-woodworking interests!!) this morning and photographed a major portion of the event.

Only happens every 105.5 years - in pairs, 8 years apart. This is because venus's orbit is not exactly aligned with that of the earth and most times they do not line up with the sun.

Well here are a few photos, hope you enjoy them

Cheers

Tony

HPI1.JPG

HPI5.JPG

HPI2.JPG

HPI3.JPG

HPI4.JPG

Well done, Nice photo's Tony

I watched it with my Nexstar 5 fitted with a solar filter from 6:21 to 12:23.

Nick

my wife dragged me outside into 10C to view. cloudless at that stage. :D
jaco :oops:

rookie":3kclqnt0 said:
Well done, Nice photo's Tony

I watched it with my Nexstar 5 fitted with a solar filter from 6:21 to 12:23.

Nick

Forgot to order a solar filter in time :cry:

Alf, it had to be you :wink:

Tony.
Good pics there. We tried it in work with this guys binoc's but couldn't get anything, so now I know what we were supposed to see! :D

'I spy' some lovely garden furniture in the background...made by yourself??? (If so, nice drive-by! :wink: )

Ta muchly

Gary

HI Gary

Unfortunately the furniture was bought for about 1/2 the price I could get the wood for!!

My wife informed me that we needed garden furniture for THIS summer, not summer 2006 and so I should refrain from making it

Cheers

Tony

My wife informed me that we needed garden furniture for THIS summer, not summer 2006 and so I should refrain from making it

LOL :D I get this kind of response too, sometimes. TPTB, bless her, has been waiting for a jewellery box for about 2 years now and I've yet to buy the wood for it !:oops:

Hmmm, think I may put a post up on this for some :idea: ideas.....

Ta muchly

Gary

Back