My old Stanley No5 just died

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
My old Stanley No5 just died :(
Or you could say it dropped dead, to be truthful it fell on the floor, it didn't bounce :( broke a cheek off :( It's was only 45yrs old :( I feel terrible :( I suppose I could nick the wooden handles off it and save the parts for a donor .

That must be very upsetting. Breaking an oldie always seems so sad.
On the bright side, in my experience of selling Record spares on eBay UK, you could sell the handles as one lot, sell the frog/levercap/blades as another lot, and make enough to bid on a decent no. 5 also from eBay. Strange how spares go so well on the 'bay if you make clear descriptions as to age and quality.
Yes eBay is for selling as well as buying :shock:

Thats a shame. Like you say you could salvage the spares, and might even be able to make something usable out of something on ebay that has a few bits missing - you may even get it cheap as a result!

Adam

Lord Nibbo
Should be plenty of No 5's at boot sales to put your oldie bits on. There were two today at Dorchester around the tenner mark because the totes were not too hot.
Martin

Tis a shame, but the good news is that there's plenty more Stanley # 5's out there.....And a lot of them are quite cheap. Who knows, you might end up with a better one than the one you had?

I feel your pain. My own beloved Ohio Tool 06 committed suicide by jumping off the bench to the concrete below. he did not seem unhabby but when I walked around to the other side he was in two pieces. :(

Back