My New Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezmaster

Established Member
Reaction score
My new workshop ive just moved into after being stuck in a single garge for along time.

From this:
2008_10150036-2.jpg

2008_10150034-1.jpg

2008_10150038-1.jpg

To this:
IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Just picked up my jointer today from ebay
KGrHqNo8E8VmfOcUFBPGTYpMSQ60_12-1.jpg

thanks for looking

Jez

Lol! While initially scrolling down your post I missed the 'from this', thought 'must have been really cramped before' :lol: (homer)

The new space looks fantastic, and I bet you fill it!

seem to have bit too much space. keep forgeting where ild put things down.

Started my first project in workshop.

Bathroom cabinet 1.M4 wide, 1M tall

Plywood venneer waulnut

I am going to add mirrors into the two large rectangles, and put pegged sheleved in side rectangles.
and two drop down doors on lower rectangles.

need some advice on what to use for doors, was thinking oak veener with a dark almostg black stain,
or was thinking mdf painted white with beech cladded strips going horizontal to make a feature.

does waulnut and oak, or waulnut and beech compliment each other?

also what kind of finish should I be looking to use, PU varnish?

and one final question, should i finish each piece before gluing up, or just wait untill all glued up?

IMG_0052.jpg

Jez

Thats funny my missus keeps telling me size doesnt matter but it does im in a garage an would kill for your new shop!

Tomyjoiner":39gctrlj said:
Thats funny my missus keeps telling me size doesnt matter but it does im in a garage an would kill for your new shop!

They only say that when the lights are out so you can't see them smirking :?

My workshop is divided into thirds and is attached to our house. I have two thirds and my wife has her office in the remaining third separated by a stud wall. I am trying to persuade her to move her office from there into another room in the house, but she likes her view down the back garden and doesn't want to look out the front of the house which she says is dull.

I think she is slowly giving way to my subtle hints so hopefully my workshop will grow in the near future. :D

Mick

MickCheese":1ovy8cco said:
My workshop is divided into thirds and is attached to our house. I have two thirds and my wife has her office in the remaining third separated by a stud wall. I am trying to persuade her to move her office from there into another room in the house, but she likes her view down the back garden and doesn't want to look out the front of the house which she says is dull.

I think she is slowly giving way to my subtle hints so hopefully my workshop will grow in the near future. :D

Mick

Keep moving the wall an inch further into her office after each time she uses it. After a while she will decide she has out grown the room and move.

Nice upgrade. You will fill it eventually without a doubt, I have mine already and have only been in there since January! It is nice to have some room and be able to assemble things without climbing over them. :D

Back