My New Workshop - pics & video so far

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digizz,

Your movie is brilliant - the workshop looks great too!

It's probably a good job you chose the blight of the fumblebee music yourself, otherwise Alf would have picked something - come to think of it, the Benny Hill music might fit -hmm.

Heh heh. Don't think it didn't occur to me... :wink:

I'm still in the process of downloading the movie (accursed dial-up connection :( ), but it looks great. And the workshop - mmmmm, very nice. So does it get a full kit of Jet tools with it, or am I thinking of something else...? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Dig,

cool, im getting a similar building when I move to use as an office
unfortuntatley Ill be getting it built as I need it up and runnning ASAP
so I can carry on making some pennies to pay for the new mortgage.
Unfortunate as I will miss out on the fun of the build :cry:

How did you create that time lapse, very impressive

Signal

Edited this as I was tired when I typed it and it didnt make much sense

Yes - flight of the bumble bee was an option but I've used it a few times recently (my job is multimedia and video production) - so I was really sick of it :)

Time lapse was done with one of my cameras - Panasonic DVX1000 (Pro handheld DV camera) - it has a pseudo time lapse function (was set to record 1/2 second every 30 seconds). I then edited in Premiere Pro and sped it all up a bit more.

Workshop will have Scheppach kit - TS2000 or 2500 (probably 2500), HMS260 and HA2600 :) Still to order it all (when I'm nearer finishing the cabin).

On a different note - what's the best way to stop sap oozing - there are a couple of T+G planks in the roof that are dripping sap. Do I use knotting compound or is there something else (preferably clear finish)?

Ta.

Well done Digizz a beautiful workshop. I hope you had as much fun building yours as I have building mine 8) Looks like the dog love it anyway :D

So I take it this was a kit, how big is it?

the external size is 4m x 4m x 3m (ish) high. Lots of room inside - well, until I get a load of kit in there!

Yes - it was a kit - no sawing needed apart from the end planks of the T+G floor and roof.

Internal stud and cladding will be a little more time consuming I'm sure!

Digizz
Looks fantastic! How long did it take to put up? Where did you get it from - I want to enlarge my 14x8 shed - and may consider one of those kits?
Having said that - spent half the weekend putting up a greenhouse for my wife - and had enough trouble with that!
Cheers
Gidon

It's a Lugarde building - 4x4 'Nick'. I specified extra floor joists and the type and style of the double glazed window/door. Their web site is at:

www.lugarde.nl

They sell through quite a few UK dealers (garden centres and cabin suppliers). I had a look at quite a few makes - this one was best for me (but a bit more expensive). Total cost of the cabin alone was just over £3k. For that, you get pretty much all the materials (I'm adding insulation to floor/walls/ceiling and cladding it in 18mm Ply internally after electrics are in.

The groundworks (like any build I think) were the most stressful bit - lots of hard work. I've ended up with something that would support a house! - a bit over engineered I think but it should easily support the new kit including the HMS260ci :)

Took only a day to erect the main cabin structure - 1/2 day for roof (using an auto load screwdriver to screw in the T+G) - 1/2 day for floor (inc insulating it). A couple more coats of Sikkens stain/preserver/varnish will take another 1/2 day I guess. I'm sure the electrics and internal studwork and cladding will take a couple more. Groundwork took a LOT of effort, digging out / building retaining wall / compacting sub soil / laying scalpings / laying concrete.

HTH?

Latest posts

Back