My new plane is coming along!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
A couple of progress pictures - Philly was starting to out-gloat me!
panelshell.sized.jpg

markedtote1_001.sized.jpg

How exciting Chris :p Bet you can't wait to use the plane that was made specifically for you 8)

Now that is a good gloat Chris. Still, you are a worthy recipient given the amazing rocking chairs you made!

Adam

super job Chris,

Not one but two from the looks of the photos. Your metalworking skills are on par with your woodworking. Nice to see wip pictures
what materials have you used, the sides look like brass not sure what youve used for the base or handle but looking forward to seeing the finished piece or pieces.

What blade are you putting in? I see holtey have a blade sale i believe his A2 blades are very good but his S blades seemingly struggle to hold a decent edge but i'm no expert its only what i have read.
once youve done a few are you going to give him a run for his money
excellant work

Ian

Philly":2vg9i7c2 said:
Chris
Who's the plane by??? Must of missed that.....
Looking good,
Philly :D

Philly,

Need to read down to the end of this post

Adam

Chris,
Some people just have too much time on their hands and way too much talent.

Is the Durer finished yet?

Andy

Chris, you had me fooled (& others) into thinking you were hand crafting your own planes. Having read the link on Adam's mail I am now not so sure.

Nice gloat none the less

Andy

Sorry if I misled anyone! This is definitely not my own work! The plane is being made for me by Konrad Sauer (Sauer and Steiner). I shall still be very proud of it! :lol:

Andy, the Durer is far from finished - a monumental struggle actually!

Chris, initially I thought you had lost it, totally crazy, mad. But when you think about it, it's not bad economics, not to mention the satisfaction of ownership and use, which is where the real value is. Obviously residuals won't be an issue. Hope you survive the anticipation.......

Noel

waterhead37":2dcjszzx said:
Philly was starting to out-gloat me!
That was always just going to be a blip in the statistics... :wink: Very cool, and gloat that's just gonna run and run methinks. :D

Cheers, Alf

Oooooooooooooooooooo, that's NICE. :shock: I was hoping I could stay relatively detached from drooling over this one, not being a huge infill junkie, but that tote is the BIZ. Makes you just want to reach into the monitor and grab it. I tried. My knuckles hurt now. :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf,

Stop it! I was tying to do that as well, its just crying out to be pushed along a nice board or two. :shock:

Chris,
I think you may have a queue of wood workers begging for a go when you get this wonderful looking tool home. 8)

Back