My new Lotus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
So some of you will know I run an old JPS esprit. Absolutely love it and gradually getting it back to 100% original, need to find an Hitachi digital 1 radio and a couple of small bits and I'll be there.
I search the net a lot and got distracted .......... ended up buying this one off.

ECKrR9t.jpg

HtSRYYs.jpg

t2LneOp.jpg

It's an old 1950's Triang pedal car restored in Lotus colours. Just wanted to post it for the craftmanship and the coolness :lol:
I'm now looking for a crappy one to restore myself in JPS colours :D

dCiFmCc.jpg

Someone I know has quite a nice '87 Lotus Esprit Turbo HC, If you can look past the Morris Marina door handles it's quite a nice car :lol:

yes mines 79, and has the same handles. I can live with it......

When I was in my early 20's and most others wanted big muscle cars I wanted a Lotus Europa. :roll: Way out of my reach so had to settle for being a passenger in a freind's Triumph Spitfire. I'm not as flexible now and probably couldn't get into one now. :D

Pete

Way back in the early 70's I had an Elan S4 SE and a Europa Twincam. They lived up to the name - Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious! I wish you the best of luck with the Esprit, but if you're travelling any distance I'd take the Triang; you're much more likely to get there without a breakdown. :D

That is just gorgeous mi amigo. Just imagine being the lucky lad or lass who was gifted that beauty. When similarly dressed cars were tearing up the track , I would have to buy racing magazines just to drool over them. Kudos on the sharpest toy on the block =D> =D> =D> .

Aquachiefofficer":2hl58cay said:
Way back in the early 70's I had an Elan S4 SE and a Europa Twincam. They lived up to the name - Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious! I wish you the best of luck with the Esprit, but if you're travelling any distance I'd take the Triang; you're much more likely to get there without a breakdown. :D

Esprit has been great, had it 14 months and runs like a dream, very easy to maintain. Couple of minor issues but it's 40 years old.

That pedal car is lovely. My dad, now long dead, used to work for Lotus Climax when Climax were building the racing engines. Coventry Climax was really a fork truck manufacturer, but the whole industry was weirdly set up then and I remember my dad doing stuff for Jaguar as well.

I have not seen a Lotus JPS for years. I like old cars too, but my penchant is mainly Italian.

Anyone know anyone who sells vintage car radios, looking for a Hitachi digital 1.
Any contacts appreciated

Is it worth the hassle tracking down an old radio when they will be turning the signal off in a few years ?

ps Very envious, love your Espirit

Mr_Pea":23xogzut said:
Is it worth the hassle tracking down an old radio when they will be turning the signal off in a few years ?

ps Very envious, love your Espirit

Good point ................. not sure what to do now.

still worth it. there are companies out there who will fit a new radio inside the frame of an old one. I have a self built version in the golf.

Wire an aux in so you can use your phone ? Hide the wire somewhere discreet.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back