My new drill table must be female.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
I just realised it can multitask.

Having built the top part of the table ( there will be a cupboard under it )
biscuitsmall1.jpg

I now need to make some drawers for it and the biscuit jointer was the obvious choice..
This probably doesn't bother most people but I have a job seeing the mark on the biscuit jointer to line up the middle of the cut so I was going to make up a jig for it when I realised I already had the basis of one.
I made a simple block to fit in the T Track ( showing in the pic above ) placed the jointer next to it and with a pencil held in the notch marking the centre of the cut pulled the jointer and block down the table to leave a heavy pencil line.
biscuitsmall2.jpg

All I have to do then is line up the mark on the piece of wood with the line on the table
biscuitsmall3.jpg

and place the jointer against the block knowing the cut will always be centered on its mark.
biscuitsmall4.jpg

It makes no difference if I am cutting the edge joint or the top joint, and within reason it makes no difference how large the workpiece is, the table is pretty big.

A very simple little thing but that block and pencil line is going to save me masses of time and hassle.

Attachments

• biscuitsmall1.jpg
    biscuitsmall1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 145
  • biscuitsmall2.jpg
    biscuitsmall2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 145
  • biscuitsmall3.jpg
    biscuitsmall3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 163
  • biscuitsmall4.jpg
    biscuitsmall4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 162
That's nice! I like the idea of having drawers underneath the table as well. Might make one myself....

Back