My mate Billy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doctor Bob":2jsfd7kd said:
phil.p":2jsfd7kd said:
Is yours still OK, Bob?

No, he had a little remission which makes you forget but he has gone down hill very rapidly this week, couldn't get up this morning, didn't eat. Gave him pain killers and he eventually went for a pee.
Not drinking or eating.
He's going to be put down tomorrow at 11am at home, heartbroken. :(

:( sorry.

Our family has been through that 3 times and it hurts. It may sound hollow but you have my sincere condolence.

Sorry to hear of your loss, I suppose it must sound odd to folks who don't have dogs but they become part of the family. Our German Shorthaired Pointer had to go in for an op recently, I missed him when he wasn't about for that short time.

Its hard, but you know at least he had a good home, was loved and you did the best you could for him.

Sorry to hear of this. My sincere condolences. At least he'll be at home with the people he knows, loves and trusts.
It's always heartbreaking. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Paul

I too feel for you Bob.

When living in Singapore my wife picked up a puppy pup which had been chucked down a storm drain to drown in the next thunderstorm (an almost daily occurrence there). The vet said she'll never live but "Bella" was "exported" to Switzerland 5 years later and lived on to the ripe old age of 17. A sort of "Dalmation cross", she was daft as brush, but when the time came (she got a large growth on her back leg which the vet wouldn't operate on) I got the vet to come to us for the final injection (she hated going to the vet). She died cuddled up to me and there wasn't a dry eye in the house (including the vet)!

Sadly missed, but we've never had the courage to replace her, so I do understand mate. Still got her lead and collar (with a Swiss + and brass cows on it). Daft really - so who's as daft as a brush then??

Sorry to hear about Billy he was a beauty and always a hard decision.....but he's had a lovely time with you.
RIP Billyx

Just catching up with this thread, sorry to hear your news about Billy.

All the best fella.

And the latest addition to my household - Moose, the eight week old rottweiler. :D
DSCF0069.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0069.JPG
    DSCF0069.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 353
phil.p":1chjloif said:
And the latest addition to my household - Moose, the eight week old rottweiler. :D

He looks lovely Phil, we are going to have to get another, very quiet with just one.

doctor Bob":cgzfx9au said:
He looks lovely Phil, we are going to have to get another, very quiet with just one.

When we lost our dog (JRT) last year it was unbearably quiet and unusual feeling. It was the first time I'd ever been without a dog in my life so it just didn't feel right at all, You'd usually come in the house and you'd hear him pootling along to come and greet you but there was only silence.

Had another one within 2 weeks, felt bad about getting one so soon after but it really helped deal with the loss by keeping your mind off it.

phil.p":cgzfx9au said:

Never a more loyal, protective and intelligent animal than a Rottweiler, the family used to breed and keep them many moons ago! Hope you realise how big it's going to get :lol:

Yes, my mother had two. This one is a happy little fella - his tail doesn't doesn't stop. I expect we'll have a few nights of crying though. We introduced him to my daughters eleven month old English bulldog - I look after him four days a week - and he is NOT going to pushed around by him. He's got a bark and one hell of a growl for one so young. :D

He looks like a real winner Phil. I still miss my pair and it's been nearly 6 yrs. since the last one passed. Jenny and Jessy were 2 yrs. apart in age and looked every bit like a matched set. That was even though they were not related and Jen was half dobie. For 6 Years we lived adjacent to a sheep farmer with 2 fields full of sheep. The field farthest from us had wolf and coyote losses , not the one near us though.
Mike

Moose looks like trouble!!

Very quiet with one dog, think we will have another by christmas.

Bob. Get a Blue Heeler.
Like Huskies, wolves or indeed Tigers these dogs need no training and are happy to sleep all day with no exercise. They make ideal house pets. :D :D :D :D :D

xmPOcRl.jpg

Look at his face. He will defend you and your children to the death.

Back