My little man-cave

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trizza

Established Member
Reaction score
After moving into our new place I managed to talk the missus into letting me have the smallest bedroom as my workshop - its a pokey little thing, 2.2m*3.5m (about 7.2' * 11.5'). I've finally finished most of my planned storage projects so have gotten the shop tidied up and things put away, so its time for a tour :)

Now, the shop serves multiple purposes. Its my study, so my computer lives in here. It is my woodworking shop, so all of my woodworking gear is stored in here along with my bench. It houses my metalworking machinery, and I use it for building RC planes, too. Its definitely a man-cave!

Here's my woodworking wall - my sawtill, plane cabinet, and a crappy bench I knocked together in a hurry for use on the balcony of our old apartment. I'll have to build a better one some time soon. Lumber that may be used soon leans against the wall, the rest I keep in our storage room. I mostly build guitars so the scale is quite small for all of this stuff. Since I work indoors I have to keep the area meticulously clean, so the brooms and bin are right at hand. When planing I put the bin near the end of the work so shavings can be emptied into it just by flicking them out after each stroke. I use a building board on the woodworking bench for building planes.
2011-09-28%25252000.11.05.jpg

My PC and my Sieg SX1L milling machine - the drawers are full of tooling and accessories for lathe and mill:
2011-09-28%25252000.11.52.jpg

My Sieg SC3 lathe, with shelving above it storing lots of misc things. My main guitar hangs around in here too:
2011-09-28%25252000.13.56.jpg

And my random storage corner - I have to find a way to organise this lot. For now this is where misc power tools are kept, as well as my books and magazines and consumables. A shelf runs all the way along that wall, where I keep lots of other miscellaneous stuff.
2011-09-28%25252000.14.03.jpg

And finally the ever-present shop supervisor. I believe she fancies herself the site manager - nothing escapes her attention!
2011-09-28%25252000.14.22.jpg

=D> :mrgreen: I definitely need lessons in sweet talking, can't even use our little room as a study :roll:

Chrispy":at3ykwpn said:
=D> :mrgreen: I definitely need lessons in sweet talking, can't even use our little room as a study :roll:

My wife is a mad-keen knitter and works from home so it went something like this: "Can I have the small bedroom as a workshop, if I let you use the bigger bedroom as an office/guest room/yarn storage room? I promise never to complain about the size of your yarn stash!" ;)

Your cat looks like an ocicat, in which case she will have her nose into every concievable nook and cranny in there and be on top of everything. Nice workshop.

Cheers Alan

How did you get away with having a workshop in the house? I'm forbidden to even enter the house until I've taken off my jumper and shaken the dust out of my hair!

Woody Alan":yo8wyi1e said:
Your cat looks like an ocicat, in which case she will have her nose into every concievable nook and cranny in there and be on top of everything.

Sure is! She's the most inquisitive little thing, and very obedient. Sometimes she's more like a dog than a cat - her favourite game ever is Fetch, she walks on a leash, and she comes when her name is called. I can't imagine life without an ocicat :) She keeps my lap warm when I'm drafting projects, and makes sure none of the shavings get away when I'm working on them!

Latest posts

Back