my little company...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gog64

Established Member
Reaction score
Just before Christmas one of our customers wanted to visit us for a factory tour, which we're always happy to do. Anyway, they were amazed that in this day and age, we don't just press a big green button and a machine does the rest! In fact they were chuffed to see how we do things and asked whether they could make a video to put on their web site.

Well it turns out that they are rather good at that!

If you're interested in how a small British manufacturing company makes some pretty beautiful things by hand using some good old fashioned heavy machinery, you might like the short video. We make... well, you'll see!

I'm not going to say what my company is called, I'm not remotely interested in shilling for business on this site and if the mods feel the link is inappropriate, please delete it with my apologies. You have to scroll down the page to see the video. Yes, our customer really is a bit magic (ahem, sorry, couldn't resist that). Here's a link to the page on their site:

https://www.studio52magic.com/the-shift

gog64":28ubpqto said:
Just before Christmas one of our customers wanted to visit us for a factory tour, which we're always happy to do. Anyway, they were amazed that in this day and age, we don't just press a big green button and a machine does the rest! In fact they were chuffed to see how we do things and asked whether they could make a video to put on their web site.

Well it turns out that they are rather good at that!

If you're interested in how a small British manufacturing company makes some pretty beautiful things by hand using some good old fashioned heavy machinery, you might like the short video. We make... well, you'll see!

I'm not going to say what my company is called, I'm not remotely interested in shilling for business on this site and if the mods feel the link is inappropriate, please delete it with my apologies. You have to scroll down the page to see the video. Yes, our customer really is a bit magic (ahem, sorry, couldn't resist that). Here's a link to the page on their site:

https://www.studio52magic.com/the-shift

Was that a perfect binder at the start of the video?

Yes, that’s a PUR perfect binder. Lots of bits of machinery being used in that clip. My favourite is the large Kluge platen press being operated by the young lady. I bought that new a few years ago, although the design dates back to the 50s. The chase is so heavy, I had to have a special honeycomb aluminium one made, as some of my staff couldn’t lift the steel one!

Thanks for posting that.

I love the fact they focused on some really obscure things that someone working there wouldn't even think about (glue run etc.).
I did some work at a printers and binders a long long time ago, I could have sat and watched the plate printer work all day.
The guillotine scared the cheese out of me.

Back