My Last Post Here !!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug B":2f02n2ox said:
Mark-numbers":2f02n2ox said:
But Lord Nibbo is being a numpty

a) for going all pathetic "this is my last post" etc etc b) not taking it up in private with the mods!!

It looks like he's gone & joined the Shaven Axminster 2, I'm sure he will be happy there

I just thought he was busy with his cockpit.

Those imaginary planes don't land themselves.

Now, now, behave.
I'm sure LN will be warmly welcomed and I hope he'll be happy there. Always welcome here too.

Oh ffs, who really cares, i don't and this is getting boring to say the least. There is enough stickies to point you in the right direction Despite that, I see numerous posts in the sales bit that don't follow the rules to the letter, but there is often a "MOD Edit" as well as them being obviously commercial, just by looking at who the seller is. So I suppose it will really depend on the fact of what it is, how much you are selling and if it gets spotted that make the difference.

I don't personally care if it is a commercial seller, if I want it and need it I will contact them via PM, so what is the issue. It is the commercial seller that has to advise HMRC and not me , so that is their issue.

stevebuk":3o7kuioy said:
...........he was referring to nibbo Noel

has noel got a new nick name, I like it ..................Nibbo Noel, has a nice ring to it.

doorframe":3vzh26ch said:
Walney Col":3vzh26ch said:
Well put Gareth. I think that's an excellent summary of how most members would feel. Col.

Like I said, far too complicated and open to personal misinterpretation by poster OR moderator.

Really? Well, it's not an excellent summary of how I feel.

Whoever the seller is, +VAT = commercial. Simple. Go sell it on Ebay and PAY THE FEES!

Oh, sorry. Ebay don't allow +VAT, do they? But you think it's OK on here?

Rules are rules. If you don't like it (or can't understand it #-o ), that's your problem.

Stop moaning about it and move on.
I suppose one could argue what difference does it matter if commercial or not as long as the buyer is aware and his rights are not compromised. as a buyer it makes no difference to me its price, condition, and location in that order if a person in business can supply a machine or tool that I need cheaper than a hobbist so what, are we depriving the hobbist of income, i.e. the hobbiest has become commercial by proxy.

Having said all of that the site owner is within his rights to make whatever rules he sees fit, this is a free forum, we should be grateful for what we have, whilst we have it. Should it become a chore of argument and dissent then it could well close.
nuff said.

I suppose one could argue what difference does it matter if commercial or not as long as the buyer is aware and his rights are not compromised. as a buyer it makes no difference to me its price, condition, and location in that order if a person in business can supply a machine or tool that I need cheaper than a hobbist so what, are we depriving the hobbist of income, i.e. the hobbiest has become commercial by proxy.

Having said all of that the site owner is within his rights to make whatever rules he sees fit, this is a free forum, we should be grateful for what we have, whilst we have it. Should it become a chore of argument and dissent then it could well close.
nuff said.
+1

Wildman":2pswcr9j said:
doorframe":2pswcr9j said:
Walney Col":2pswcr9j said:
Well put Gareth. I think that's an excellent summary of how most members would feel. Col.

Like I said, far too complicated and open to personal misinterpretation by poster OR moderator.

Really? Well, it's not an excellent summary of how I feel.

Whoever the seller is, +VAT = commercial. Simple. Go sell it on Ebay and PAY THE FEES!

Oh, sorry. Ebay don't allow +VAT, do they? But you think it's OK on here?

Rules are rules. If you don't like it (or can't understand it #-o ), that's your problem.

Stop moaning about it and move on.

nuff said.

It will never close as long as the readership is there and the adverts carry on being placed!

+ vat is indicated for the benefit of vat registered members as it makes the purchase cheaper, for those not vat registered it is Irrelevant as you pay vat on every thing anyway.
Example say a tool @ £600 new = £500 + vat so if vat registered it's £500 as the vat is reclaim able.
If not it £600.
So some one not vat registered trying to sell 2nd hand at say £525 is selling at over list, this is why the + vat is indicated for the benefit of vat registered members we are not trying to make money it's the law of the land and you have no choice in the matter ounce the rediculsly low turnover level is reached. The vat charged is them paid to the exchequer not kept by the seller.

Back