My introduction to the World of Wadkin!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a decent planer thickenesser set up for years, the best one I've had to date was the CT150, but it was a bit flimsy and the base rattled. But about 4 months ago I bought this:

Planer.png

I've only managed to get it in place and fired up today, and it is beautiful. The table rise and fall is like silk smooth and the fact its moving such weighty tables is amazing. The previous owner began to paint it, I may finish the top if I can find the right colour. Put a bit of wax on the tables today and had a go, idle its very quiet and in use its no louder than talking, exactly what I wanted. The knives also are slightly angled and it seems to give a better finish that modern machines I've used.

Anyway I love it, just need to fit an NVD and fit a dust shoot for it. Its missing one part though, the belt guard, does anyone know if you can get spares of them anywhere? Or does anyone have the same machine and could send me the measurements?

There are some Wadkin spares availablefrom Wadkin/Daltons but they are expensive. The alternatives are to keep an eye on ebay as various used parts do appear from time to time. I would make my own drive belt cover and dust shute and then bask in the pleasure of using an excellent piece of of the best of British engineering.

Misterfish

Ahhhh

From the days when things were built by British engineers to the best quality available and built to last :p

rather than

Built by accountants ( How cheap can we make it with a priority of maximum prophet ) and make sure it lasts just longer than the guarantee :roll:

Its a beauty, all I need now is an induction powered thicknesser and I'm set!

Chems":13mbo4an said:
I've been wanting a decent planer thickenesser set up for years, the best one I've had to date was the CT150, but it was a bit flimsy and the base rattled. But about 4 months ago I bought this:

Planer.png

I've only managed to get it in place and fired up today, and it is beautiful. The table rise and fall is like silk smooth and the fact its moving such weighty tables is amazing. The previous owner began to paint it, I may finish the top if I can find the right colour. Put a bit of wax on the tables today and had a go, idle its very quiet and in use its no louder than talking, exactly what I wanted. The knives also are slightly angled and it seems to give a better finish that modern machines I've used.

Anyway I love it, just need to fit an NVD and fit a dust shoot for it. Its missing one part though, the belt guard, does anyone know if you can get spares of them anywhere? Or does anyone have the same machine and could send me the measurements?

Chems,

You dont have any spare blades for the ct150 that you want to sell do you?

worth a try. You have a nice replacement for it anyway!

Back