My heart is broken

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @Phill05 she was a pampered pooch at times, she has always had the best of everything and the fact that she was in such good condition until recently shows that, unfortunately cancer and kidney failure took an aggressive approach to her system.

@Jameshow that's a possibility, we will discuss it when she gets home, ultimately Mya was her baby, she got her 2 years before we moved in together so the final decision is hers and I will fully support whatever she wants.

I feel for you. Our very shaggy Jack Russel/unknown has just had his fifteenth birthday, dread the day he goes, although at the moment he shows no sign of slowing down and is still as bonkers as the day we got him.

😭😭😭😭😭 so sorry for your loss, we don’t have kids ether, our little furchild is currently laid with her head on my feet as I type, I’d be lost without her, I won’t even go away or take a holiday unless she can come with… I dread the day we have say goodbye.
🐾

Interesting to see how many share these feelings. We had to say goodbye to our 21 year old rescue cat in February, and she's still missed. Has her own carved headstone at the back of the garden.

Mr Kipling, ( The poet, not the cake maker.) sums it up well in a poem that includes the phrase " Don't give your heart to a dog to tear"

Interesting to see how many share these feelings. We had to say goodbye to our 21 year old rescue cat in February, and she's still missed. Has her own carved headstone at the back of the garden.
My mum and dad have 5 dogs buried in the garden, each with a carved slate slab. Mum died in 2015 and dad is now 99 and increasingly frail. He still potters about the garden and frequently stops for a few words over the stones, as he does with mum who has pride of place in her urn next to his favourite chair.

Picking up the ashes yesterday was the hardest day so far so to make myself feel better and put a smile on my partners face I made Mya a trophy worthy of the winner that she was. Oak cup on a Cherry base, I'm very happy with how it turned out.
20220629_195531.jpg
20220629_195508.jpg
20220629_195500.jpg

That is awfully sad - sorry for your loss. We have pictures of one of ours from the Artful Dog too - hopefully yours will bring back good memories in time.

Back