My handmade bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ac445ab

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,:D
I just completed my workbench.
I made it with hand tools. I hope you like it. :roll:

Ciao,
Giuliano :D

2w7qyds.jpg

e5h9pj.jpg

21np5vp.jpg

ndmmub.jpg

6rkms1.jpg

ben38.jpg

2637xwg.jpg

16jrp6f.jpg

2mmfq7p.jpg

2nhq0r5.jpg

i3b7f5.jpg

m7dyxk.jpg

2yy8bgm.jpg

Very nice workbench!

The design is very much the same as I'm going to build (if I find the time, I'm still stuck at the wood drying stage). ONly you have much more drawers (I very much like your drawer fronts) and the type of vice.

bench_small.jpg

Very nice, beautifully made. It's also interesting to see the contrast in styles between a UK bench and yours, whilst the functions are pretty much the same yours instantly has a more Mediterranean look - more darker woods and decorative embellishments than your average English beech bench

Very handsome!

I see that your front vice is at the right-hand end of the bench - is this normal in Italy or is it because you're left-handed?

Mcluma":26xatnff said:
What is the cupboard on the side used for??

I agree - that very shallow cupboard is puzzling! Are you going to keep saws in it?

Thanks all for appreciating my work. :D

Mcluma":1gp94wxc said:
What is the cupboard on the side used for??

This space will be used for squares, calipers, knives etc. I haven't a big shop (car box), so my efforts have been directed to find maximum room for storing hand tools.

Evergreen":1gp94wxc said:
your front vice is at the right-hand end of the bench - is this normal in Italy or is it because you're left-handed?

Yes, I am left-handed

Ciao,
Giuliano :D

An unusual, but definatley nice looking work bench! I'd of said the small cupboard on the side would fit a bow saw in perfectly.

shim20":3ut3mcsx said:
looks nice, is the frame made from pine looks like it?

You saw right. It's walnut stained silver fir (I hope the adjective sequence is right 8) )

joiner_sim":3ut3mcsx said:
I'd of said the small cupboard on the side would fit a bow saw in perfectly.

Good idea, thanks

Very impressive. I would feel guilty everytime i put a dent or scratch in it. I love the mix of different woods, it seems more personal in some way.
owen

Wow, as has been said, looks too good for the workshop, but a splendid bench.
Johnny B

Back